Happy thoughts/prayers?

TheWendybird

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by TheWendybird »

I was having chest pain the other day and according to blood tests may have hypothyroid problems...i've been feeling like dirt...just thought i'd ask for happy thoughts and prayers as I'm actually really scared right now...mainly because of chest pains...undergoing more tests tomorrow and getting a 24 hour halter monitor in the next couple days. :unsure: :(
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbowbrite84

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I'm really sorry to hear about that. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you. I hope you feel better

SunSpire
Site Admin

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by SunSpire »

Ouch, that doesn't sound right :(

Here's hoping it's just a scare and nothing serious. Hopefully you'll feel better very soon!! "hug"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

stormberryfairy

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by stormberryfairy »

Praying!

Maki

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by Maki »

Hope you'll feel better soon, and hope you wouldn't end up with a heart attack.

TheWendybird

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by TheWendybird »

Thanks everyone. Been very down. I went to get more blood tests yesterday and i had to fast because one of them was cholesterol...and i couldn't sleep the night before either...so i go in and she has a hard time finding my vein...anyhow....i ended up having what's called a vasovagal response....i didn't black out but i was pretty much fainting from it...never happened from a blood test before..i think it was because the blood was taking forever to come out and i've never had a blood test take so long. So my hearing went muffled..i broke out in a cold sweat...i felt extremely weak...Starvoyager had been holding me and i'd been squeezing his hand..apparently i stopped even tho i was still somewhat conscious..he asked me to squeeze his thumb and when i didn't HE started to freak...he told me after he almost passed out because i gave him such a fright. So when it was finally done they put me up on that seat that they have in dr's offices and let me rest ..i felt really sick and exhausted. Then i went to get my halter monitor from the hospital and just brought that back now today after wearing it for 24 hours. I feel like the experience at the office yesterday morning made me even more weak. Maybe that's to be expected though? I guess I figured I'd be better after eating..and I am but not as much as i would like...am I expecting too much of myself? lol I dunno...I can still get up and go to another room etc but i feel pretty weak by comparison to how I would =\ So now the wait for the results..
*~*~Krista~*~*

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Ugh, I hope you're not hypothyroid like me :( Most doctors are MORONS when it comes to hypothyroid diagnosis and treatment. When you feel up to it, I recommend that you read through this site:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

I truly think it saved my life. My body is all whacked out right now due to the fertility drugs I was on for 4 months, but before that the people from that site and its related Yahoo groups had me feeling the best I had in years. If I'd left it up to the doctors, I'd still be sick :(
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

TheWendybird

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by TheWendybird »

Rainbow Brite wrote:Ugh, I hope you're not hypothyroid like me :( Most doctors are MORONS when it comes to hypothyroid diagnosis and treatment. When you feel up to it, I recommend that you read through this site:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

I truly think it saved my life. My body is all whacked out right now due to the fertility drugs I was on for 4 months, but before that the people from that site and its related Yahoo groups had me feeling the best I had in years. If I'd left it up to the doctors, I'd still be sick :(

It's so ironic you told me you are hypo cause a friend of mine in the Phantom of the Opera community i'm a part of also had trouble conceiving and she has Hashimoto's Disease i think it's called. Which is autoimmune hypothyroid. When you said on facebook you had a hard time conceiving ...I started to wonder recently after reading about hypothyroid.

The weird thing about my first test results is my T4 free is 0.8 which is suppose to be normal but low normal..and TSH is 8.61. However I certainly don't have a problem with cortisol it seems like the website you sent seemed to be mentioning...I have a hard time losing weight in my midsection more than anywhere..i have anxiety disorder so i certainly get a lot of cortisol lol I know I'm not huge but most of my little bit of excess weight is carried there.

BUT in case normal medicines don't work for me ( if these next test results are positive for thyroid problems still) then I will know what path to look toward to find my answers for sure so thank you for sharing that! I don't THINK my current Dr will have problems experimenting with stuff as long as it's a legit medication on the market...hopefully. I dunno why a Dr would! lol
*~*~Krista~*~*

jazzycreations

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by jazzycreations »

Hope you are feelign better & the docs figure it out soon, prayers :)

Sukey

Happy thoughts/prayers?

Post by Sukey »

I hope you feel better.

I read that website and a lot of those symptoms sound like me. My mom has told me before that I need to get my thyroid checked. I need to fill out paperwork to get assistance. I'm always so tired.
:rainbow: Sukey