Gone for a bit

Sarah

Gone for a bit

Post by Sarah »

this will be quick, but I wanted to start this, so you know I'm not leaving you stranded ; ) I'm going for knee surgery, so I'm not sure when I'll be back. I just want to say again how much I love you all, and how much I love this forum and the websites! : ) I'll miss you! : )

FanChan

Re: Gone for a bit

Post by FanChan »

Good luck!! I look forward to following your recovery and see how the surgery treats you ^__^ I really hope it all works out for you!
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Good luck girlie!! We'll be with you in spirit :) I'm sure it'll go great!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

Good luck and get well!
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Good luck with the surgery with wishes for a speedy recovery :D
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Feel better, luv.
I loaded new colour pages for you when you come back.
See you again soon! Take care!

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

good luck, we will miss ya while you're gone! :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

here's an update. I had my surgery, and apparently it was a very successfull surgery, but it was very long (I KNEW there were other troubles!), it was only supposed to be an hour, and it was a little over 2 hours. But I had the spinal anesthetic, which I've never had before, and they made it sound so good, so I had it instead of the general. and they kept giving me Percaset. I was wickedly sick for almost 2 weeks afterward, as a result of this spinal thing. I've never had migranes before, but I'm sure that's what I had, and I was so nauseous. I could barely pick up my head. Then finally, it wore off, and I was doing really well - until just 2 weeks and 2 days after surgery - the same knee dislocated.

So it's been 1 week and 1 day since that happened, and I can barely go anywhere. It's supper loose, which really freaks me out sometimes. I'll probably be even getting homecare. : ( and all the doctors say is that I have to exercise. Well, that's great and all, but if I can barely get around, I can't do much exercising. I'll have my appointment with my surgeon in a few weeks, so I might need a brace with more omph, or more surgery. Nobody can figure out why this happened, and why so soon after surgery.

This is all depressing, so I'll add some good
-the ambulence guy who drove me home after the dislocation was SO cute! The hottest boy I've ever seen! Dang it! Why does that kind of thing allways happen when I'm all gross.
-I've been coloring my rainbow brite coloring pages every day since I stopped all the nasty pills. Before the surgery, I printed off ALL the coloring pages from this site (did you know that it's close to 700!! ha! ha! mind you, some are duplicates). I look forward to coloring every day, and it's my favorite part of the day. I sit up in bed and color to my hearts content for about 2 hours : ) The 'old' pages are a lot cuter than the 2003/2004 ones.
-I'm reading the Confessions of a Shopaholic series, because when I'm all better I want to see it in the theatre. So far, I'm on book 2

I miss you all very much, and I promise, once I'm doing better that I'll get all caught up.

Later, Love, Sarah

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I'm soooo sorry to hear about that! >.< I can't believe after all that, it still dislocated. That's all doctors ever told me, too, when it kept popping out. "Excercise". Sorry, doc, but if it pops out when I excercise, what do you want me to do? *shakes a fist*

What sort of brace do you have now? Just the basic latex one with a little bumper around the kneecap? My dad, when he had his knee surgery for the same deal, got a brace that had metal bars along the side that hinged at the knee, basically keeping the leg alligned. I've been wanting one for myself so I can actually go skating or running, since the wimpy little latex brace doesn't do jack for me.

I've found my knee's always a lot more secure when I wear jeans as opposed to skirts, too. Obviously it's not going to stop anything bad from happening, but it doesn't FEEL as loose as it normally does, which makes it just more comfortable.

Anyway, I hope things go well for you. Lemme know if there's ever anything I can do to cheer you up ^_^
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm so sorry you've been going through such a rough time!! I was hoping everything would go perfectly for you! But I'm so proud of your optimistic attitude even in the face of such pain. We can all learn a lot from you :) I hope you can find some answers and relief soon!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net