getting married

Clinozoisite

getting married

Post by Clinozoisite »

TheWendybird wrote:Do what you want to do...
Although I understand having reservations about opposing your parents (especially if they are paying!), you should try to impress upon them that this is YOUR special day and that having Rainbow Brite and rainbows are the requirements for making it as such. :P

Even the most traditional people are usually cool with funky weddings. One of my cousins had a Star Wars themed wedding. They played the throne room music instead of the traditional bridal march, and when the bride and groom left the church everyone made an arch out of plastic light-sabers. Even my grandma participated and I don't think she's ever seen Star Wars...
Last edited by Clinozoisite on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silverorangetears

getting married

Post by silverorangetears »

My parents are paying for most of it, (thank gods!) we'll make some compromises, maybe.. colorful cakes and place settings, but no actual rainbow brite.. that sort of thing :)

I'm planning on having a handfasting, in a church, and claiming it's for my Fiancee's (thats still weird to type!) Irish heritage, and not for my pagan beliefs :P

it's still a year off, so there's lots of time to widdle my folks down on the details!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel, why would i wear orange? i'm planning on white with redtrim, to start the rainbow, then her in orange, and so on.

/sigh i really DO want rainbow brite cake toppers though! Rainbow and Brian, or Rainbow and Krys :P

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

getting married

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

...because you are the one and only silverORANGEtears, that's why. OK, that doesn't mean that your gown has to be bright flaming Florida Orange, but maybe a very soft pastel orange tone or a white gown with orange trim. Just a thought.

:rblala: :rboj: :rblala: :rboj: :rblala: :rboj: :rblala: :rboj: :rblala: :rboj: :rblala: :rboj:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

getting married

Post by Rainbow Brite »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll love married life just as much as I do :) And I agree with everyone else...this is YOUR wedding, so do whatever you want with it :) And feel free to steal any ideas from my wedding that you wish...lol :) Can't wait to see the pics!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

silverorangetears

getting married

I think you were the one that had star sprinkles thrown instead of flowers Katy? i loooove that idea ^.^

TheWendyBird, i love your Themed idea of peter pan, that would have been beautiful for you two!

TheWendybird

getting married

Post by TheWendybird »

Thanks! We still plan on doing a handfasting eventually...obviously we're already legally married and it was a beautiful wedding but we're going to do that with our friends we thinks :D
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

getting married

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:.
Congratulation on your engagement, Silverorangetears. I just can't understand why your parents are against you having anything other than a traditional wedding. After all, they're not the ones getting married.

Maybe you could have the guests throw imitation Star Sprinkles instead of real rice.

That was my idea. Feel free to put it to good use when the big day arrives.

:rblala: :rbsmile: :present: :sun: :rbclouds: :pinkrose: :yellowrose: :rainote: :pinkstar: :rbstar: :star: :rbstars: :rboj: :rainbow: :princess: :rbwave:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

getting married

Post by Rainbow Brite »

silverorangetears wrote:I think you were the one that had star sprinkles thrown instead of flowers Katy? i loooove that idea ^.^
Sure did :) And we had them on the tables. The ones on the tables were sticker-backed and by the end of the evening, people had stars stuck all over themselves...it was a hoot! :lol:

We also had rainbow M&M's, a rainbow guestbook, rainbow drinking goblets, rainbow flowers, rainbow twirly things hanging from the ceiling, and I carried a rainbow bouquet made up of butterflies with a rainbow ribbon trailing off it. Oh and can't forget the rainbow shoes I wore under my dress...teehee! My husband was more than happy to let me throw colors everywhere :bg:

Our music and cake toppers were Princess Bride themed ;)
Attachments
starsprinkles.jpg
starsprinkles.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbowbrite84

getting married

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Star sprinkles! Thats the cutest idea!!! I'm so doing that for my wedding...when I do get married :)

silverorangetears

getting married

i'm pretty sure i'm ordering these for my bridal flowers :)

expensive.. but worth it!! :D