Other 80's Cartoons

Eddieline

Re: Other 80's Cartoons

Post by Eddieline »

If I remember correctly, Star Blazers was originally produced in Japanese in the 70s and then was overdubbed in English and released in the US in late 70's-early 80's... it was one of the few morning shows I would actually get up early for and watch before school. So I must have really liked it, since I was and am lazy.... Of course this was before most people had cable too, and you had maybe 4 or 5 channels to choose from.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I remember Star Blazers myself. I watched some of it when I was at my uncle's house in Newport News in the summer of 1980. It later came to Richmond on Channel 35 (back in the days when there were stations that could show cartoons on weekday afternoons).
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Did anyone ever watch Serendipity the Pink Dragon? We've got the original book, and I used to watch it all the time as a little kid. We might even still have some of it recorded on one of our many VHS tapes @_@
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

A discussion about 80's cartoons and no mention of Lady Lovely Locks? Well, I'll throw that one out there. A bit of an obscure fave.

Although for me there's a list of 80's anime a mile long I could list as favorites. some well known, some obscure.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I just thought of one! The Littles! I've got their movie, though I've only seen a couple of episodes of the show, and only in the past few years. I'm not sure if that was 80s or if it was early 90s, but I've had the movie for quite a while. The movie was about a little mouse-ish family that lives in the house of a boy and his widowed mother. She's on hard times financially, and sends the boy to live with his uncle, who winds up being very cruel. The two Littles kids wind up going with him, and they try their best to help him out, all the while the Littles parents are trying to get to them - via their cousin or some such and his crazy mini biplane... Anyway, it's an awesome movie. I really wanna see it again now..

Here's a picture of the Littles family - parents, kids, grandpa, and cousin.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

The Littles was a cartoon of the 1980s. You may also note that Bettina did the voice of Lucy Little before she did Rainbow Brite.

Maki

Post by Maki »

I used to like some of the 1980s cartoons like Smurfs, Transformers,He-Man, She-Ra, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem. Cartoon I like were Alvin and the Chipmunks, Rainbow Brite (of course) and my favorite: the Care Bears (where I joine the message boards).

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Oh, wow, I didn't know Bettina did a voice in the Littles. Thanks a lot for that ^_^ I'll have to dig out my recording of the movie and watch it again.

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

FanChan wrote:Oh, wow, I didn't know Bettina did a voice in the Littles. Thanks a lot for that ^_^ I'll have to dig out my recording of the movie and watch it again.

You'er welcome. Just hit the pause button when they getto the voices. Katy's Rainbowbrite.net website also has 2 of Bettina's Filmograpies as well. I also have a book on cartoons where they mention this show right down to the cast.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Maki wrote:I used to like some of the 1980s cartoons like Smurfs, Transformers,He-Man, She-Ra, Strawberry Shortcake, Jem. Cartoon I like were Alvin and the Chipmunks, Rainbow Brite (of course) and my favorite: the Care Bears (where I joine the message boards).

Oh gosh...Jem....She-Ra...Chipmunks...these were some of my major favs. Especially Jem haha me and my friends would go bike riding singing songs and saying we were going to put off a concert for the whole neighborhood because of that show haha
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P