Rainbow House

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow House

Post by Chibi Rachy »

XD I don't really think we need to go much further with the debate. I think we've established the fact that the "I'm straight but" comments were silly. We really don't need to discuss majority/minority groups. That requires looking at all the things a person gets labeled as and I think many of us would find we're part of some minority group in a way. It doesn't always deal with race and homosexuality. Some of us may have many minority groups, and one may be a "major" minority group.

Oh and Starvoyager, if you're gonna use those major groups you're not part of, you also forgot that you're male. :P Your ancestors oppressed those women you know! Just kidding!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Chibi Rachy wrote:XD I don't really think we need to go much further with the debate. I think we've established the fact that the "I'm straight but" comments were silly. We really don't need to discuss majority/minority groups. That requires looking at all the things a person gets labeled as and I think many of us would find we're part of some minority group in a way. It doesn't always deal with race and homosexuality. Some of us may have many minority groups, and one may be a "major" minority group.

Oh and Starvoyager, if you're gonna use those major groups you're not part of, you also forgot that you're male. :P Your ancestors oppressed those women you know! Just kidding!

He's still asleep at the moment but nice post :) Labels sucketh I think we can all agree :)
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Oh and Starvoyager, if you're gonna use those major groups you're not part of, you also forgot that you're male. :P Your ancestors oppressed those women you know! Just kidding!
Bah... I had a feeling I had forgotten one of the classic evil oppressive forces.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Sorry I haven't read all of the comments yet, just wanted to say this looks really cool. ... I wonder how many tins of paint they used? :rbsmile:

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

SunSpire wrote:Sorry I haven't read all of the comments yet, just wanted to say this looks really cool. ... I wonder how many tins of paint they used? :rbsmile:

"SunSpire"

I'm guessing a lot lol But I want a house that looks like that!! Well worth the moolah!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

SunSpire wrote:Sorry I haven't read all of the comments yet, just wanted to say this looks really cool. ... I wonder how many tins of paint they used? :rbsmile:

"SunSpire"
For something that diverse, I think I would've had someone bring a mixing machine right to the house rather than buying full cans... otherwise that would be a tremendous waste of paint.

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Wow that is awesome!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I love that house. <3
It is both pointless and homophobic to say "I am straight but I like rainbows" - uh- what the hay does being straight have to do with liking Rainbows?
My sister is the homophobe. She told me I couldn't buy anything rainbow for my niece because it means gay. Actually, I don't know if she really thinks that... I think she said that because she knows people saying rainbows are gay ticks me off. But anyways, she's more wicked than the Dark Princess, so...

I love that house and I so wish I could do it to my own.
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

That's sad that your sister wouldn't want her daughter wearing Rainbow stuff because she's worried people will think she's gay-

I love that house too- if I had known about it when I lived in SF, for sure I would have wanted to walk by :)

- I wish we could paint our house like a rainbow- how awesome would that be? There are some pretty brightly colored houses in our neighborhood- I think that some cultures paint their houses bright colors (bright apple green, yellow pink!) - not us though, plain ole blue... maybe I'll paint our chicken house rainbow colors :D

stormberryfairy

Rainbow House

Post by stormberryfairy »

Sarah, you should totally paint your chicken house rainbow colors! I would love to see it!