Rainbow House

WishBear2001

Re: Rainbow House

Post by WishBear2001 »

I'm straight but I love the house.

Starvoyager wrote:In some cases, people in towns will get in trouble for just having one bright color at all
Not kidding! In Hilliard, Ohio a woman had a huge sunflower painted on her garage. She was told to have it painted over by March 1st or she'd have to pay 150 USD every day it's up!

This is the URL to the news channel it was on when it was on TV. http://www.wlio.com/

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

o.O

What is with the "I'm straight, but..." comments? Suddenly a mention of it being in SF and possibly linked to GLBT pride, and you have to affirm that you are not gay to still like it?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

This is such a cool idea ! :)
Totally love it !!!!!!!

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I dunno why Rainbows have to be so associated to just homosexuality...honestly...no one should have to say they're straight anyhow...if you are gay and you use it as a symbol..great...unfortunately whenever someone says they love rainbows or do something with rainbows...people assume they are gay. Like if you read the comments under the Rainbow Bill picture that was posted. Almost everyone assumes he's gay...if he is who cares? Good for him. But why is it people assume anyone into color that much is gay or gay pride? It's so bloody annoying. The rainbow is for EVERYONE darn it!
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

TheWendybird wrote:I dunno why Rainbows have to be so associated to just homosexuality...honestly...no one should have to say they're straight anyhow...if you are gay and you use it as a symbol..great...unfortunately whenever someone says they love rainbows or do something with rainbows...people assume they are gay. Like if you read the comments under the Rainbow Bill picture that was posted. Almost everyone assumes he's gay...if he is who cares? Good for him. But why is it people assume anyone into color that much is gay or gay pride? It's so bloody annoying. The rainbow is for EVERYONE darn it!
That's how society perceives it. The GLBT movement took the rainbow for themselves and every color represents something. Some people go overboard with rainbow things because they're super into pride. Some people go overboard with rainbow things because they're super into rainbows. Frankly, if someone's smattering themselves with rainbow gear, regardless of the reason, I'ma stay far away from you.

As for the house itself, I wonder if they've painted the rooms inside various colors?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

That house is awesome! I would love to paint my house like that and then paint the rooms various colors :)

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Frankly, if someone's smattering themselves with rainbow gear, regardless of the reason, I'ma stay far away from you.
So much as wearing a tie-dye shirt is enough to get fingers pointed at you. And yeah, nobody should be afraid of what people think of them for wearing rainbows, but then... that reason for being afraid shouldn't even be there. Stupidity in mass populations are dictating that someone can't wear bright colors for any other reason than sexual preference.

Rainbow Brite herself, if I'm not mistaken, has been seized by ravers, but it hasn't come close to the near-100% rainbow as a homosexuality symbol.

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I am not going to get into this conversation, because it truly angers me- but I just have to say that I get really irate when people have to declare their heterosexuality prior to or after saying that they like a rainbow house. Really lame -

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Galacticatt wrote:I am not going to get into this conversation, because it truly angers me- but I just have to say that I get really irate when people have to declare their heterosexuality prior to or after saying that they like a rainbow house. Really lame -
Sorry, but it really is fun when you come across an average person on the street who has accepted every stereotype as a 100% infallible method for gauging a person, and say for example, "I like monster truck rallies, but I'm not a southerner" Then you just sit back and watch the steam come out of their ears as their internal computer whines, "Error! Error! Contradictory paradox! Does not compute! System shutdown imminent"

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

That's the unfortunate thing about all this..I wish homo and heterosexuals could just say "i love rainbows" without having to say the reason. I can tell you there are millions of people out there who if they see you wearing rainbowy stuff now DO assume you are gay. It's nothing to do with whether you think being gay is wrong or not....I know I don't care in the least...however I've witnessed it myself...when a friend of mine found out I was dating Starvoyager back in the day and found out he likes rainbows his immediate reaction was "are you sure he's not gay" So I can understand SOMETIMES why people feel the need to point it out...once you have so many people say it to you elsewhere...people might end up saying it as a disclaimer on places like this before anything is even said...simply because they're use to having it asked. It's just a theory. I have no problem with it if someone is gay but at the same time...I am not...and I don't want someone to think I am....now I don't start things off myself by saying "i'm not gay but i like rainbows" but i certainly don't want people to think i'm something i'm not. So I can kinda understand it when people are timid about it and feel the need to say they're not gay...however it isn't really needed. Just wait till someone asks you and then tell them that they are ignorant for asking such a thing...because the rainbow belongs to the world not just one group of people who decided to use it as a symbol (and there isn't anything wrong with that either).
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P