Movies That Have Made You Cry

*C9*

Re: Movies That Have Made You Cry

Post by *C9* »

For the lovely Bones I would highly disagree on many stances that it "the biggest tear jerker ever" highly doubt on just the account of terrible reviews.There are so many more movies that exist that do it better.

Hachiko
The Green Mile
Cheaper by the Dozen (the original)
Million Dollar Baby
Benjamin Button

I know of more but these ones stand out for now.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

*C9* wrote:For the lovely Bones I would highly disagree on many stances that it "the biggest tear jerker ever" highly doubt on just the account of terrible reviews.There are so many more movies that exist that do it better.

Hachiko
The Green Mile
Cheaper by the Dozen (the original)
Million Dollar Baby
Benjamin Button

I know of more but these ones stand out for now.

I never stated that as a fact, that was MY OWN opinion about the movie. As for reviews, I never listen to them. They are peoples own opinions, that doesn't make a movie suck.

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Charles Xavier

Post by Charles Xavier »

I can't forget 'Grave of the Fireflies'. That movie haunted me for a long time. :bawl:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Aquarius wrote:I never stated that as a fact, that was MY OWN opinion about the movie. As for reviews, I never listen to them. They are peoples own opinions, that doesn't make a movie suck.

C9 was simply stating their own opinion as well.
Charles Xavier wrote:I can't forget 'Grave of the Fireflies'. That movie haunted me for a long time. :bawl:
That is such a great movie though. I don't think it made me cry. The latest thing that made me cry wasn't a movie, but an anime called Simoun. I really couldn't help it.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

As what Chibi has said, didn't want to offend you. Was a powerful statement of "ever".

As for anime that makes you cry that is a different ball game. AIR, Kanon, Clannad, Jungle Emperor Leo, Grave of the Fireflies and many more titles would be up there too. Any KEY game for that matter has such amazing stories.

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Dumbo
Land Before Time
Bambi
Monsters Inc
Homeward Bound
Castaway
Green Mile
Click
Passion of the Christ

Charles Xavier

Post by Charles Xavier »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Aquarius wrote:I never stated that as a fact, that was MY OWN opinion about the movie. As for reviews, I never listen to them. They are peoples own opinions, that doesn't make a movie suck.

Charles Xavier wrote:I can't forget 'Grave of the Fireflies'. That movie haunted me for a long time. :bawl:
That is such a great movie though. I don't think it made me cry. The latest thing that made me cry wasn't a movie, but an anime called Simoun. I really couldn't help it.
Well, Fireflies actually horrified me rather than made me cry to be honest. Wasn't expecting the film to be as dark as it turned out.

I felt really sad in 'Where The Wild Things Are' when Max left the island in the end, after realizing that he couldn't stay with the Wild Things. Pretty dark. :(

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote: Monsters Inc
That made me cry especially the parts monsters thought humans had disease. Almost forgot about Disney movies.

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I cry in tons of movies! I am very emotional, so I cry at bad and good stuff, lol. I can't help it! I even cry at commercials sometimes! I'm pathetic, lol.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Charles Xavier wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:

Well, Fireflies actually horrified me rather than made me cry to be honest. Wasn't expecting the film to be as dark as it turned out.

I felt really sad in 'Where The Wild Things Are' when Max left the island in the end, after realizing that he couldn't stay with the Wild Things. Pretty dark. :(

Oh my GOD wasn't "Where the Wild Things Are" AMAZING? We watched it the other night and I literally felt like it captured childhood...not the monsters just the general feel of the whole thing...it literally felt saturated with how my childhood felt...so weird...i am absolutely in love with the movie now. We'll have to buy the DVD cause we pay-per-viewed it. That scene I was holding in my crying...for some reason I didn't want to let it out but believe me..it was there...perhaps my crying would have been too hard on me considering how the movie made me feel...amazing scene. *SPOILER*

I'm glad Carol made it in time to see Max off! I can still hear the howling...amazing amazing film.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P