May I just say...

TheWendybird

May I just say...

Post by TheWendybird »

May I just voice my distaste for what we call WISDOM TEETH? I've had x rays done on my teeth and it's very possible I will never need them out....however i'm thinking it's probably best...2 years ago THIS MONTH...yes..THIS MONTH..i had a gum infection around a wisdom tooth that made my cheek puff out ....this time...same tooth...same month...cheek isn't puffy but..GOD DOES IT HURT! I know evolutionists say it was from earlier years for our eating but I just hate these bloody teeth! It's a pain to have them and a pain to have them removed....ouch....just wanted to vent *sighs* I have to wait till 1:30 tomorrow before i can even get antibiotics so i'm downing the motrin....all this after 2 or 3 days of an irritated eye and washing it out with special eye wash...but once that was okay....the gums start up............that Valentine's dinner the evening of the 13th was the last time I felt okay...it's just one thing after another....and i'm rambling..and whiney..i'll shut up now lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Re: May I just say...

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I had mine out a few years back, I think when I was in college. It's not so bad really. They give really good drugs that knock you out pretty quickly and you wake up wondering where the time went. I know I didn't want to move after I woke up. I was too darned comfy. Went home and slept for awhile...can't remember much else, though it's probably in my journal somewhere. Knowing me, I probably ended up craving something.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Get well soon Wendybird !!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

My dentist keeps telling me I should get mine taken out...but they've never given me any problems, so I keep putting it off. Maybe one of these days I'll bite the bullet...

Hope you feel better soon!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

owi! My teeth were coming in the wrong way, pushing my teeth together, and because my teeth are straight it HURT. I developed a flossing habit to deal with the pressure. I floss ALL the time. LOL. I had surgery to remove them when I was 21. All 4...My face was swollen and bruised for a week but it felt better in the long run.

Right now I have a problem with a broken tooth...I need to see a dentist....:( ah the WAIT for issurance. :(

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Ouch! Hope you get well soon!

Rainbowbrite84

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

All 4 of mine came in crocked. So far I"ve only had one removed. Now the two top ones are giving me problems so I'm gonna have to see the dentist :(

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Just got back...have amoxicillan to take for a week and i have to make an appointment for an oral surgeon..apparently my two upper ones have cavities which pisses me off cause i just saw my old dentist in september and he told me i had none..just some enamel chipped off ONE. But this new dentist showed me the x ray (my old one took an x ray too) and you can see equal amounts of decay on both. The one giving me problems is only half erupted and my old dentist gave me anti biotics for it two years ago...this dentist thinks the old dentist should have sent me to get them removed then because he said everyone he sees who gets this infection...if they don't get teeth removed they just keep coming back with the same infection...and my other tooth only has a small fraction showing....i'm going to get them all out at once though because if it's a horrible experience and i only get 1 or two done...i might be too scared to go back and get the others done..so i'm going to do it all at once lol yeah I'm laughing now but really i'm pissed off that i have to go through this at this time....that i even had the opportunity to get this second infection when i could have had it all overwith..it's just really bad timing right now. *sighs*
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I had all four of mine taken out in high school. If you have good insurance and can have all the rest removed, you may wish to consult your dentist about this -- just in case the teeth might cause problems in the future.