To take or not to take

SunSpire
Site Admin

To take or not to take

Post by SunSpire »

Great, so I got this job offer for TNT Express in Tamworth which basically would be general warehouse work but it's full time and well paid. However it's 20 miles away from here and shifts would end at 3:30 in the morning, there are no trains or busses until 6:30 so I'd have to wait 3 hours EVERY DAY ... I can't really afford a relocation right now (tho I want to move out here ASAP) and also it is very risky to move for an agency job because it may not be permanent.

I registered with the agency in december and it took them until today to give me a call, just shows how bad the job market currently is over here and if I say no it might take weeks before I get another, more suitable offer ... what am I to do? "sigh"

Even worse they want me in for a group interview tomorrow but I am supposed to work at Build A Bear the same time!! Couldn't be more of a headache really ...

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

SunSpire
Site Admin

Re: To take or not to take

Post by SunSpire »

Nevermind, I just cancelled the interview for tomorrow. There's no point in waiting 3 hours to get home every morning. I need something more local or if far away then something that's accessible with public transport.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

I know its too late now but you could have tried to find out if anyone else that works there lived in the same area as you and was willing to carpool with you.

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Wardah wrote:I know its too late now but you could have tried to find out if anyone else that works there lived in the same area as you and was willing to carpool with you.
Even with carpooling, it's pretty ridiculous these days to expect a long journey from employees when pay and benefits are at an all-time low and gas prices are perpetually rising.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Point taken. If it was a job that I know I'd enjoy (at least a little) for a longer time period and if it was more of a permanent thing, then I'd have considered car pooling or even moving there. But since this is through an employment agency and the job could stop literally anytime, I figured it is best to look elsewhere.

Today however I had some unexpected things happening at Build A Bear, and with half-term just round the corner they now offered me more hours and further training for on-the-job tasks, which is all great news and makes me hope that they're looking to integrate me a little more into their store, we'll see!!

I'm struggling really bad with rent and bills at the moment but I haven't drowned yet! :P

Thanks for your comments guys :)

"SunSpire"
</a>*
[/html]

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

SunSpire wrote:Today however I had some unexpected things happening at Build A Bear, and with half-term just round the corner they now offered me more hours and further training for on-the-job tasks, which is all great news and makes me hope that they're looking to integrate me a little more into their store, we'll see!!
That's great! I can't imagine sitting around for 3 hours every morning either...yuck!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I guess you ve made the right decision.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It seems like, with your later posts, it was the right choice. Things'll work out in the end.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire