Mean people

Tom-sprite

Re: Mean people

Post by Tom-sprite »

OMG Wendybird ... you re totally right ....the comments over at Youtube are sometimes almost ugly ...
One should totally ignore such comments ... even when they are adressed straight to yourself ...
by just ignoring grotty attacks these strange over-the-top-angry and hostile people get bored and will leave you alone !

It is a disturbing trend here in Germany among young people to have a so called "ag gro"-attitude.
It has nothing to do with being a regular teenie-rebel
Just being extremely mean in an antisocial way for no reason.
This started back in the 90s.
This sucks unbelievably much.
It is unnecessary,dull and very dangerous.
I think parents,the school-system,politicians and the media failed.
The pupils are not really teached how to act peaceful and responsible-minded .
Ethical values slowly ooze away ...
It s very sad.

The biggest problem is that these teenies are now adult people ... misguided almost feeble-minded human time bombs ...

One can do nothing more then just give those brutes a wide berth

cause I highly doubt that they will discuss anything in a cultivated way !
We aren t either psychologist nor magicians ! :-))))))))))

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Of course the internet is mean, but that's always been the case. If it's directed at me, I'll argue back. If not, I ignore it. Doesn't matter the site really. I've gotten stupid comments on my youtube vids, but they just get deleted. Why get angry? Why waste energy on them? They aren't my online friends.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:Of course the internet is mean, but that's always been the case. If it's directed at me, I'll argue back. If not, I ignore it. Doesn't matter the site really. I've gotten stupid comments on my youtube vids, but they just get deleted. Why get angry? Why waste energy on them? They aren't my online friends.
Actually, it wasn't always this bad. In its infancy, when computers weren't so user-friendly, it took more than 1 braincell to access and navigate the internet. The complexity of early computers created a rather convenient "idiot-filter." And since common run-of-the-mill bullies, at least generally, don't rank very high on the IQ tests, were much less common. It also had the stigma of being "nerdy", which also kept a lot of the riff raff away.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I had someone asking me if I was a pedophile on youtube because I made Peter Pan AMV's....so ignorant.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Starvoyager wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:Of course the internet is mean, but that's always been the case. If it's directed at me, I'll argue back. If not, I ignore it. Doesn't matter the site really. I've gotten stupid comments on my youtube vids, but they just get deleted. Why get angry? Why waste energy on them? They aren't my online friends.
Actually, it wasn't always this bad. In its infancy, when computers weren't so user-friendly, it took more than 1 braincell to access and navigate the internet. The complexity of early computers created a rather convenient "idiot-filter." And since common run-of-the-mill bullies, at least generally, don't rank very high on the IQ tests, were much less common. It also had the stigma of being "nerdy", which also kept a lot of the riff raff away.
The thing is that most people who are obnoxious online are the same people that would never dare to say such things to people face to face. Unfortunately, technical intelligence does not always equal social intelligence. Many of the jerks on the internet are simply "geeks" with a chip on their shoulder who use the fact that it is anonymous to hide behind.

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I believe that the general rude-ness of folks on the internet owes much of its existence to the non-confrontational nature of many site administrators and/or moderators. Mods are there for a reason, but I very rarely see them step in and stop anything before it gets too serious (at least on the sites I frequent). With no enforced rules, people just run amok.

Which is why I love sites like this one. Very rarely do members get into arguments with one another. :)