New Rainbow Brite Cartoon!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Still nothing hmm?

I am going to hope that is because they are still working on the concept... I sure hope it goes forward.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Not a peep :( I'm going nuts!!

I went to Toys 'R Us today and glanced through the "girly" aisles just to see what toys are selling these days and came across a Lalaloopsy doll with yarn hair:

http://www.littletikes.com/content/ebiz ... xlarge.jpg

SOOO CUTE!!! If they make new RB dolls, I REALLY hope they give her yarn hair again. It's still combable with a wide tooth comb, and doesn't get all matted like the plastic haired dolls. I really think that's why vintage RB dolls still look so good today - the yarn hair.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

That Lala doll would make a fantastic Rainbow Brite-

I hope they go with yarn hair again too...

Twink

Post by Twink »

Hello, Robbie Lee here or as most of you know me as the voices of Twink, Shy Violet, Indigo, La La Orange, and the Sprites from the original show and movie. Sad to say, NO ONE has ever reached out to me to see if I would like to voice those characters again. :( . It is a shame that Bettina, Pat, myself and others were not asked seeing we were the voices that everyone has heard all these years. What do you all think?

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Twink wrote:Hello, Robbie Lee here or as most of you know me as the voices of Twink, Shy Violet, Indigo, La La Orange, and the Sprites from the original show and movie. Sad to say, NO ONE has ever reached out to me to see if I would like to voice those characters again. :( . It is a shame that Bettina, Pat, myself and others were not asked seeing we were the voices that everyone has heard all these years. What do you all think?
*waves to Robbie Lee* Hi!! It's great to "see" you again :) I'm not sure why they haven't reached out to the original voice actors for this new series. Hallmark is keeping the entire project very hush hush, so we have very little information to go on. But I very much hope that they will bring ya'll in for some cameos at the very least. We've seen in other cartoon reboots over the past few years where they'll bring in an original voice actor to play a different character in the new show. That would be really cool! But personally, I'd love even more if ya'll could reprise your original roles :) In one of Emily Osment's interviews, she jokingly made reference to putting something silly into episode #5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... 5rF_hbDW0I

So that could mean that they've already recorded voices for four episodes. But there's no way to be sure at this point.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Maki

Post by Maki »

I would like to see what the new Rainbow Brite cartoon is like.

I did not know that Robbie Lee joined us here. I caught up on watching the original series and movie about a decade or so ago. I wonder who voiced Twink and the Sprites from the albums Paint A Rainbow In Your Heart and a Christmas album.

I would like to say hi to Robbie Lee, and welcome you to the forums.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Maki wrote:I would like to see what the new Rainbow Brite cartoon is like.
Wouldn't we all? ;)
I wonder who voiced Twink and the Sprites from the albums Paint A Rainbow In Your Heart and a Christmas album.
Michael Silversher, who also composed several songs on both albums, was the singing voice of Twink on those albums. Renee and I will actually be interviewing him soon for Brite Cast, so let us know if you have any questions for him :)

Robbie Lee, were you approached about those albums back in the 80's?

Back to the question about original voice actors in the new show - a friend of mine told me last night that the original Japanese voice actor for Sailor Moon returned to voice her again in the new cartoon that recently premiered. I had no idea! Granted, those shows are only 20 years apart - not 30. But if they can do it, why can't other shows?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Twink wrote:Hello, Robbie Lee here or as most of you know me as the voices of Twink, Shy Violet, Indigo, La La Orange, and the Sprites from the original show and movie. Sad to say, NO ONE has ever reached out to me to see if I would like to voice those characters again. :( . It is a shame that Bettina, Pat, myself and others were not asked seeing we were the voices that everyone has heard all these years. What do you all think?
Wow that is awesome to hear from you!

They should absolutely have reached out to the original voice actors to see if they were available, that would have been awesome to keep the same voices...

Twink

Post by Twink »

Congrats to Peter Cullen aka Murky just had his star placed on Hollywood Blvd for voicing Optimus Prime and Ironhide. I have reached out to Hallmark for information about the show, but so far no one has gotten back to me. Like the rest of you, Twink and the gang have a spot in my heart and am looking forward to seeing them again, even if I am not the voices of the characters so many of you remember and love.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

It has finally been announced!!

http://www.today.com/parents/rainbow-br ... 2D80215458

http://www.eonline.com/news/588229/rain ... ew-cartoon

And you can watch the trailer again and again on Youtube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivTcjHlltJU

What do ya'll think??
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net