New Rainbow Brite Cartoon!

The main forum for discussing our beloved 80's childhood character and series.
Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Shadow Wisp wrote: This.

Plus Krys. And Rainbow and co and Murky occasionally having to at least tolerate each other or something along those lines (yes this was inspired off of that Brite Cast episode XD).

Would also love to see a dark foil to the protagonist herself. Same or very similar powers and abilities, but very different and dark personality? Possible rival (arch-rival even)? Neutral anti-hero/anti-villain? Constant knocking of heads involved that slowly erodes over time into mutual respect, aka love-hate relationship? idk

Either way, hopefully it gets the same or comparable success to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Oh yeah! KRYS! Agreed, I want him and On-X to show up too :) Heck, even bringing Orin in every once in awhile would be cool.

As far as an arch-nemesis goes, Stormy was originally meant to be a villain. Refer back to this old thread for a description from one of the doll designers:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1457&p=14241&hilit=+villain#p14241

So I think that could be a very real possibility. And then perhaps eventually they could become friends, as they were in the old show.

I've seen comments on several articles that have come out about the new show talking about the "inevitable" Brony counterpart, and they also seem to have latched onto the term RainBros (which is witty, I must agree). But I honestly hope male fans don't get labeled for liking the show. We're all Color Kids as far as I'm concerned. I fear that further labels will just lead to discrimination and bullying, as it has with Bronies.

BTW, we recorded a new BriteCast episode last weekend. It should be coming out very soon - and this is one of the things we talked about :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Wait, Stormy was originally supposed to be a villain? I still liked her better as an ally though, especially with her personality. I wouldn't want her changed from what we actually know her as.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Shadow Wisp

Post by Shadow Wisp »

Wow. I would have never guessed that. Those 2 seemed to get along well enough that she didn't seem like a villain. Then again, some hints of rivalry were occasionally shown on Stormy's part. Plus Stormy is kind of off on her own and away from the rest of the cast most of the time anyway, so...

Yeah. Maybe they could do Stormy in a way where she's something more like what she was originally supposed to be, and they slowly become friendly acquaintances with mutual respect over time as they did in the old show like you said. And Stormy can still remain a lone wolf type character.

And Stormy was apparently done black before, so I guess she was something of a "Black Rainbow" at some point.

Brian and Rainbow were very close, and Brian was a very important supporting character. I hope he returns. Maybe they can do an interesting back-story for Brian (something like he's not really a human born on Earth but was just raised there or something idk). Not so much Earth involved just like with the My Little Pony reboot. Would also be interesting to see how Brian and Krys interact.

Looking forward to the new Brite Cast episode then.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Shadow Wisp wrote:Yeah. Maybe they could do Stormy in a way where she's something more like what she was originally supposed to be, and they slowly become friendly acquaintances with mutual respect over time as they did in the old show like you said. And Stormy can still remain a lone wolf type character.

And Stormy was apparently done black before, so I guess she was something of a "Black Rainbow" at some point.
That would be interesting if they changed Skydancer to his black design and changed Stormy's colors to involve more black. And then when/if she turns good, she could change to purple? Or stay black, either way :) We've got a blue horse now with Shimmer (if they keep that character around), so a black horse would be cool. And dark rainbows...yeah :)
Brian and Rainbow were very close, and Brian was a very important supporting character. I hope he returns. Maybe they can do an interesting back-story for Brian (something like he's not really a human born on Earth but was just raised there or something idk). Not so much Earth involved just like with the My Little Pony reboot. Would also be interesting to see how Brian and Krys interact.
That would be quite cool :) Renee found out awhile back that Krys (originally Krys-Tal) was going to be Rainbow Brite's cousin in early concepts for the series (he even had a matching cheek star), but they later changed their minds. Maybe they'll change it back this time around?

http://wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk/index.php5?title=Krys
Looking forward to the new Brite Cast episode then.
It's up! Enjoy :)

http://www.thebritecast.com/index.php/e ... -special01
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

That would be quite cool :) Renee found out awhile back that Krys (originally Krys-Tal) was going to be Rainbow Brite's cousin in early concepts for the series (he even had a matching cheek star), but they later changed their minds. Maybe they'll change it back this time around?
Taking note of his original name, I am just wondering, was he also originally gonna be a girl?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Dialga-Brite wrote:Taking note of his original name, I am just wondering, was he also originally gonna be a girl?
Not necessarily. It reminds me a lot of Superman's real name - Kal-El. And none of the concept art we've seen depicts him as female.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

Not really interested in a new cartoon. It just wouldn't be the same. I would like it if they released a lot of classic merchandise because of the new cartoon- kinda like what they are doing with TMNT. Now that would be awesome :rbsmile:
:rainbow: Sukey

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sukey wrote:Not really interested in a new cartoon. It just wouldn't be the same. I would like it if they released a lot of classic merchandise because of the new cartoon- kinda like what they are doing with TMNT. Now that would be awesome :rbsmile:
I hope it will launch some classic style merchandise too :) We can never get enough of that!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Wow pretty exciting news! I hope that it is a cute animation style- and decent story lines like MLP or LPS (not like SSC).

I REALLY hope the cartoon does not look like the last relaunch... I hope they go with little girls!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Wow pretty exciting news! I hope that it is a cute animation style- and decent story lines like MLP or LPS (not like SSC).
Agreed!! I haven't checked out LPS yet, but I LOVE MLP:FIM :)
I REALLY hope the cartoon does not look like the last relaunch... I hope they go with little girls!
AMEN! I was just thinking the other day as well...wouldn't it be cute if Rainbow had rainbow hair this time around? Or at least some rainbow streaks in her hair? What do y'all think?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net