thread :P

Chibi Rachy

Re: thread :P

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Two hour delay today, which was nice. The day goes by quicker, I have a chance to get a few extra things done at school, and we don't have to make it up later in the year. So it's a pretty win situation. My kids have started on their young writers' stories and some of them have some pretty good ideas. They loved hearing my one story...I just wish I could have read them my winning piece from my senior year. However, it dealt with suicide so that was a no go.

Going to Ollie's tomorrow with mom for our monthly trip. She skipped last month though. I'm interested in what I might find. Sometimes nothing, sometimes something.

Think I'm gonna go work on LS. I wanted to last night, but it took me longer than usual to do the study guide and then I had to read all of the new Fate/stay night manga. It was so awesome. I can't wait to see the movie that deals with this route. Comes out in Japan at the end of the month, so maybe subbed copies will surface soon.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Busy, but in a good way again. Plenty of new surprises coming up. I can thank Photoshop for that. It may take a while, but I'm learning Photoshop colouring techniques for my art. Finally bringing it into the 21st century. I'm going to have fun with all the neat visual effects that can be created with it. You won't believe what the first pic I chose to digitally colour will be. ^_-

The second day of being vegan went well. I'm expecting this experiment to go well for me. Being vegetarian went well, now it's time to go to the next level. It will be a huge change in my life and very welcome if it works out.

J3llyb3ans evolution time.
J3llyb3ans wrote:
I'm trying to find information on doll hair care. Apparently there's no info for Moxie Girls. Sophina's hair has gotten really frizzy for some reason and I want to restore it without ruining it's natural wavy-ness. Keeping in mind, I still don't know much about this kinda stuff. There's always the My Little Pony hair care tips, but the hair on Moxie Girlz is different than MLP.
Problem solved. Considering Moxie Girlz are made by the same company as Bratz, I applied the hair care techniques suggested online for Bratz dolls to Sophina. She is free of tangles and frizz now. All it takes is dampening the hair and brushing. Wow! that was so obvious, I could have thought of it without looking it up. Oh well, better to make sure, I guess.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I went shopping with mom today and I had amazing luck.

Ollie's- Got a few things, including a small notebook that's hardback (I have one I love for fanfic snippets), a new Anne of Green Gables hardback that was also illustrated, 2 Skippy Jon Jones hardback books with audio CDs (I have the books in paperback). On a random note, there was a lot of SSC/Care Bears stuff there for those who enjoy those fandoms and have an Ollie's nearby. Please do not ask me to get anything for you; I only go monthly at this point and can't guarantee anything from month to month.

JcPenney's- new striped faded blue dress shirt, thick socks (for my new boots), and a new winter coat that I've been needing. The best part was that I was able to buy the most expensive brand of coat for the first time in my life. It's a Columbia coat. They were on clearance for $30 and I got it for $25 with a coupon. The coat was originally $100. It's red and black. I got it from the boys section since they didn't have any women's coats and the men's sizes were too big. I'm quite pleased with it :)

Got some groceries as well, but that's usual.

Cleaned up the apartment and vacuumed. Tomorrow is wash clothes, clean the bathroom, and mop the floor. Gonna relax this evening!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Rachy, I don't believe I'd ever heard of Ollie's before you. We obviously don't have any near me. That's a bit of a bummer, because a nice SSC selection is always a good thng.

Worked on a new slideshow video of my art today. That can be found herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzJ6H8hD0h0

^Shameless self promotion :P

Unfortunately I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing at the moment. I'm in one of those "I want to be better" moods that are rather common with artists. If any other artists around here ever have those moments where you see someone has created something so beautiful it inspires you in a way that you want to be able to do what they do, you know what I'm talking about.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:Rachy, I don't believe I'd ever heard of Ollie's before you. We obviously don't have any near me. That's a bit of a bummer, because a nice SSC selection is always a good thng.

Worked on a new slideshow video of my art today. That can be found herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzJ6H8hD0h0

^Shameless self promotion :P

Unfortunately I'm not satisfied with what I'm doing at the moment. I'm in one of those "I want to be better" moods that are rather common with artists. If any other artists around here ever have those moments where you see someone has created something so beautiful it inspires you in a way that you want to be able to do what they do, you know what I'm talking about.
Ollie's is the most awesome store ever for bargain hunting :) It's only in 8 states though, and I think yours isn't one of them. Some days you go there and you find a bunch of good things, other days you find nothing. I got mom into going after the whole Rainbow Brite coloring book finds (I hadn't been there since I was little) and now we go once a month.

As for your artistic comment, I can vouch for that from a writer's perspective. I'll read a novel or a long fanfic online and be so inspired that I have to write, I want to improve my writing to someday be at that particular writer's level. I've worked on improving my detail and many have commented on my visual style of writing, but I want to write with more length per chapter. I see these fics that have such length in chapters, really spinning the stories into amazing pieces and think "That's where I want to be in time."

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Ollie's is the most awesome store ever for bargain hunting :) It's only in 8 states though, and I think yours isn't one of them. Some days you go there and you find a bunch of good things, other days you find nothing. I got mom into going after the whole Rainbow Brite coloring book finds (I hadn't been there since I was little) and now we go once a month.

As for your artistic comment, I can vouch for that from a writer's perspective. I'll read a novel or a long fanfic online and be so inspired that I have to write, I want to improve my writing to someday be at that particular writer's level. I've worked on improving my detail and many have commented on my visual style of writing, but I want to write with more length per chapter. I see these fics that have such length in chapters, really spinning the stories into amazing pieces and think "That's where I want to be in time."
LOL! For some odd reason I pictured a sign that read "Ollie's; available in 8 states. Not yours. :P" I think we may have something similar somewhere. It sounds similar to something I've been to before.

Yeah. I should have included writers in that since we can consider writing an art as well. I guess the feeling is pretty much universal for anyone who creates. Always challenging yourself, learning new things and trying to reach the next level is pretty much what life is. Well, that's my view of life anyway.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:LOL! For some odd reason I pictured a sign that read "Ollie's; available in 8 states. Not yours. :P" I think we may have something similar somewhere. It sounds similar to something I've been to before.

Yeah. I should have included writers in that since we can consider writing an art as well. I guess the feeling is pretty much universal for anyone who creates. Always challenging yourself, learning new things and trying to reach the next level is pretty much what life is. Well, that's my view of life anyway.
There was a candybar that had a slogan like that. Something like "Mine. Not Yours" or something. I think it was a candybar...maybe a soft drink... dunno.

Writing is a challenge and even though I stick to fanfic, that's a challenge in itself. That's part of the reason why I joined an RPG this year. I wanted to work on improving my writing skills and description, while forcing myself to think about how to stay in character as well. It won't be as bad as fic writing, since it's only doing snippets and a few paragraphs at a time, but I think that with time, it can merge into my writing. 2009 was one of my best years for writing, in terms of the quality I judge my fics on. I still can improve and do better.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Chibi Rachy wrote:

There was a candybar that had a slogan like that. Something like "Mine. Not Yours" or something. I think it was a candybar...maybe a soft drink... dunno.

Writing is a challenge and even though I stick to fanfic, that's a challenge in itself. That's part of the reason why I joined an RPG this year. I wanted to work on improving my writing skills and description, while forcing myself to think about how to stay in character as well. It won't be as bad as fic writing, since it's only doing snippets and a few paragraphs at a time, but I think that with time, it can merge into my writing. 2009 was one of my best years for writing, in terms of the quality I judge my fics on. I still can improve and do better.
I believe it was Lays potato chips that had the slogan "Get Your Own Bag". :P

I've experienced those kind of RPGs before. They are good for developing your skills. Plus you have other people to bounce ideas around with.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

J3llyb3ans wrote:I believe it was Lays potato chips that had the slogan "Get Your Own Bag". :P

I've experienced those kind of RPGs before. They are good for developing your skills. Plus you have other people to bounce ideas around with.
I remember that from Lays, but there was some product that had a slogan like what I posted. I just can't recall what it was.

The nice thing about the RPG is that it is multi-fandom and takes away a memory for the character. So not only am I trying to play in character in a new environment, but also have to figure out how to make my character respond when she figures out she's forgotten how to do something.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

@Rachy - Thanks, I'll have to see the Care Bear stuff next time I go there. I have really been wishing for more Wish Bears for my birthday, but American Greetings/Moonscoop/Hasbro has only put 2 AiCaL DVDs in stores so far this year.

@J3llyb3ans - There is a place called Big Lots or Odd Lots that is a lot like Ollie's with a good selection of toys and I almost got a Sweetie Belle there, maybe there is one near you.

Uploaded 2 new vids to Wishtube over the weekend, check sig for link.