The " Last Song You Heard " thread

Chibi Rachy

Re: The " Last Song You Heard " thread

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Last song I heard was "Christians and the Pagans" by Dar Williams. It's actually a Christmas-y type song that talks about two groups of people coming together to celebrate the Christmas season even though each group is of a different religion. Good lesson in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KiHRHwaAs

Was listening to it as I drove home from eating dinner at my folks' tonight.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Christmas in Care-a-lot by Wish Bear (you could see that one coming a mile awayImage)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Let's see... this time it was Shoujo Meiro de Tsukamaete (Catch me Inside the Young Lady's Maze), which is the opening for Strawberry Panic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiY_ifYe9Tw

Was listening to it this morning as I finished up breakfast. I had the urge to hear it. Of course, the version I linked to is the shortened version for the show, but there is a longer 4 minute one.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Chibi :
I don t think that the opening song is a very catchy song (maybe a matter of taste) but the series Strawberry panic seems to be quite interesting ...

I like "Utena - revolutionary girl" a lot and also liked the subliminal Yuri-theme in it but I did not know that there was an Manga/Anime which is so extremely Yuri ! :-)))))
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ Chibi :
I don t think that the opening song is a very good song(maybe a matter of taste) but the series Strawberry panic seems to be quite interesting ...
I like "Utena - revolutionary girl" a lot and also liked the subliminal Yuri-theme in it but I did not know that there was an Manga/Anime which is so extremely Yuri ! :-)))))
Strawberry Panic is the biggest known yuri series. There are plenty with undertones of yuri, such as what you mentioned. It's supposed to be a parody of Maria Watches Over Us, which does more lesbian undertones than anything. I recently watched the series Aoi Hana (Sweet Blue Flowers) and it is yuri in the sense that it is how a lesbian in Japan deals with being a lesbian and the loneliness one can feel. Only reason I was even able to watch it recently was because it was only 11 episodes long, so it took me two days to finish.

As for the song, it takes a few listens to get into it. I wasn't too fond of it at first either. I still don't like the second opening song they use. I don't even like the second opening, as it caters more for fanservice than anything.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The last song I heared was "Hitori de utau ai no uta" by Gram Maria ....
I totally love the song ... beautiful chant ... very artistical,different and crazy ! :-)
The title means in english : " I personally sing a song of love "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1zt_6UYQ2o

@ Chibi :

So then Strawberry panic is the lesbian sister of Zetsuai ? ;-)

Sweet blue flowers sounds extremely interesting ...

I often have problems with songs before I listen to them a few times ... often they get better and better with time ! :-D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Today's song- Mirror, Mirror by M2M

Heard it driving home from getting bricks at the 'rents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suKGwnNEwRM

Tis an older song...I discovered M2M late in middle school. They did Mirror, Mirror for one of the Pokemon movies. I've loved them since. They're no longer a band; they split to do their own acts. Random fact: The M's in the band name stand for their names- Marion and Marit.

Also, I had the strangest urge today to use this for songfic for a Stormy/Moonglo story... Stormy being the one "speaking" in the song. I just don't know how to work it, but tormented Stormy could be fun to watch...then again so could Moonglo. Hmm...Moonglo could just as easily be the oen to have caused the trouble, and the unexpected one. Who to use?

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Technically the last song I heard was "Christmas Vacation" since we just watched the movie :P Gotta love the Griswolds lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Just to Get High by Nickelback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9tSD7VpEsU

Heard on the way back from my folks... I seem to always be coming from there... XD but today was laundry day so yeah :P

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

the last song I heard was from this Lucky Star amv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WXTASrBtc

I think it's called Photograph, since that's the title that appears in the video. I have no idea who it's by, but it's an absolutely beautiful song. It's a wonderful video. It's a bit of a tear jerker near the end with Konata's mom. Anyone who has seen that episode will feel it.