FanArt Requests #3

Character Entry Replacements

Poll ended at Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:30 am

Twink coloured (Sarah)
No votes
Rainbow Brite and Twink as Dorothy and Toto (Patreek)
100%

Total votes: 5

Dialga-Brite

Re: FanArt Requests #3

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I think horses should be okay the same way sprites are. But honestly, I don't see much difference between drawing sprites/horses/humans and don't really understand the "no pairs" rule all too well. A picture is a picture no matter how many characters are in it, and sprites can be just as hard to draw as others, them being "accessories" makes no difference in my opinion.
Last edited by Dialga-Brite on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Starvoyager wrote:Someone, anyone, from RB (artist's discretion on who would be most in-character to do this) clobbering someone (or everyone) from Bratz. Image
LOL

I can just see Stormy zapping them with thunderbolts.
Image Image

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Aquarious wrote:
Starvoyager wrote:Someone, anyone, from RB (artist's discretion on who would be most in-character to do this) clobbering someone (or everyone) from Bratz. Image
LOL

I can just see Stormy zapping them with thunderbolts.
Image Image
I'd love this because bratz really suck and they'd deserve it.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I think horses should be okay the same way sprites are. But honestly, I don't see much difference between drawing sprites/horses/humans and don't really understand the "no pairs" rule all too well. A picture is a picture no matter how many characters are in it, and sprites can be just as hard to draw as others, them being "accessories" makes no difference in my opinion.
Yes but this is free art, not commissioned pieces.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

When I first heard "no pairings" I figured it was a reference to making couples. Which means I can't annoy Joey by requesting a Rainbow/Brian picture. *snicker*

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Okay, time to clear the air on a few of these issues:

1: In an effort to keep this site and it's content “Kid Friendly” I have now added “No Violent images” to the rules. May apologies to those who wanted any character “beating up” another.

2: The choice to include more then one character such as “horses” has been up to the artists. No Pairs is No Pairs, not just “relationship pairs”. No more then one character. Drawing a character takes a lot of detail, costumes, poses, colouring, shading, etc. The more “work” a piece takes, the longer it takes to be done.

If you have further questions to why certain rules are in place, please ask me and a “Frequently Asked Questions” section will be added to help clear up any issues.

Thank you for reading and supporting the project!
Rainbow Brite UK

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

What about a Bratz doll instead of a "living" Bratz character? Still too violent? The doll need not even be drawn, it could be a photo. I'd do the 'dirty work' myself if necessary.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

Starvoyager wrote:What about a Bratz doll instead of a "living" Bratz character? Still too violent? The doll need not even be drawn, it could be a photo. I'd do the 'dirty work' myself if necessary.
*cheers* That's my boy!!!;)
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

Starvoyager wrote:What about a Bratz doll instead of a "living" Bratz character? Still too violent? The doll need not even be drawn, it could be a photo. I'd do the 'dirty work' myself if necessary.

Sorry, the action would class as "Rude/Violent gesture" and I can't allow it.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

dang lol
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P