News: The New Rainbow Brite Images

Wolf Ranger

Re: News: The New Rainbow Brite Images

Post by Wolf Ranger »

Sarah wrote:I'm happy with the new rainbow brite. She's not SO completely different that the nostalgia doesn't kick in, and will please the 'older' generations. She has been changed enough, so that she is new and fresh, and will appeal to the 'newer' generations also. This makes my heart soar, because Rainbow Brite has such a special message - that the more love the better! : ) and, I adore the colors of the 'new' rainbow brite! : ) I almost like the new Starlight better than the old one.

I'm also sure that many other characters will appear as time gets closer to the launch. We have quite awhile to go before the Fall or Holiday relaunch. Which makes me itch because I want to see what the characters look like : ) But in a way, I'm also glad that they are introducing us to them slowly, it's such a wonderful 'can't wait till xmas morning' kind of feeling. I'm also kind of hoping that there will be entirely new characters that we've never seen before too. What will they look like?

: )
I'm with you on this one since it really makes me smile to see this new version stay true to the oringal desgin. It also makes me wonder if a new animated series will be produce in conjuction with the toyline. I know that Strawberry Shortcake, and the Care Bears have at some point (sadly..I hate both of the new series.)

As to seeing the others, I would bet that sometime around the summer months the redesgins will pop up somewhere in order to start drumming up interest before the holiday rush truly kicks in.

That's just what I think however, don't quote me on it.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sarah wrote:I'm also sure that many other characters will appear as time gets closer to the launch. We have quite awhile to go before the Fall or Holiday relaunch. Which makes me itch because I want to see what the characters look like : )
I had a dream last night that I saw pictures of all the Color Kids and they looked like babies instead of tweens...lol
But in a way, I'm also glad that they are introducing us to them slowly, it's such a wonderful 'can't wait till xmas morning' kind of feeling.
You're totally right!! As my mother-in-law says...there are so few surprises left in life, so savor the ones you find.
I'm also kind of hoping that there will be entirely new characters that we've never seen before too. What will they look like?
Ooooo that would be cool!! Perhaps they can resurrect the mystery Color Kid from the German cassette tapes. I don't remember her name or what she was in charge of though...do you remember Sunny?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Wolf Ranger wrote:It also makes me wonder if a new animated series will be produce in conjuction with the toyline. I know that Strawberry Shortcake, and the Care Bears have at some point (sadly..I hate both of the new series.)
I haven't seen either of the new series yet. They're that bad huh?

I think a new series would increase toy/merchandise sales of RB a ton. Kids just won't get exposed to it as much otherwise. Especially since the old episodes can only be purchased internationally.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I'm also sure that many other characters will appear as time gets closer to the launch. We have quite awhile to go before the Fall or Holiday relaunch. Which makes me itch because I want to see what the characters look like : ) But in a way, I'm also glad that they are introducing us to them slowly, it's such a wonderful 'can't wait till xmas morning' kind of feeling. I'm also kind of hoping that there will be entirely new characters that we've never seen before too. What will they look like?

I'm quite anxious to see what Moonglo and Tickled Pink look like. I hope they look really cute. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I know! It says that they're only going to do dolls, stuffed ones, and other toys - but if Playmates if behind it, it is probably extremely likely that other stuff will come (which I am both completely hoping and excited for!) - they've got Disney Fairies, Tinker Bell, Strawberry Shortcake etc. and those lines are HUGE! So lets hope that the rainbow brite one is expanded too! : ) I just know I'll buy ANYTHING they come up with. ha! ha! : )

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

I swear, I come here and there's all this news... I'm going to have a heart attack! AHHH!

The new design does have its charm.

But WHO is Shimmer and WHERE is Skydancer?

Maybe they ran into patent issues with Skydancer dolls?
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Kat!! Hi!! It is heart attack inducing isn't it?? lol

I've already begged for a Stormy doll, so if she gets made I bet they'll release Skydancer too. We can hope!!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

rainbowstarfaery

Post by rainbowstarfaery »

She´s grown.omg, it seems like yestorday, she was only a little doll.Yay, I like it! They have done a great job, preserving her sweetness.Even Starlite looks good.
Thanks for the pic.
Everyday is unique.Enjoy each momment

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Just woindering I heard there is someone named Shimmer. Joey mentioned to me that she/he would be Moonglo's horse. I can't find any mention of Shimmer :(

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

*C9* wrote:Just woindering I heard there is someone named Shimmer. Joey mentioned to me that she/he would be Moonglo's horse. I can't find any mention of Shimmer :(
Playmates confirmed the new toy line up to be:
Rainbow Brite
Tickled Pink
Moonglow

and 3 horses
Starlite
Sunriser
Shimmer

It has been thought they would give "Shimmer" to Moonglow because of the name, and because they assigned Sunriser to Tickled Pink back in the 80's. He/She is a NEW horse.
The company is wanting to introduce new characters this time around. We will let you know more as it is found out.