Custom Moonglow and Stormy

Regina

Custom Moonglow and Stormy

Post by Regina »

I was wondering if anyone is recognizing these Moonglow and Stormy custom dolls:
http://www.geocities.com/rainbowbritela ... oonglo.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1375/752 ... ba0b77.jpg

There were 2 auctions on ebay germany:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... TQ:DE:1123

with the same exact pictures as found through google and I thought it looks fishy. Let me know!

WishBear2001

Re: Custom Moonglow and Stormy

Post by WishBear2001 »

The Stormy one looks like the pic on rainbowbrite.co.uk's custom page

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It's probably just stock photos. Sellers, such as those in China, tend to use them and what you see isn't always what you get. The Moonglo doll was filed under audiobooks on that auction one as well.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Regina

Post by Regina »

Well done for spotting the wrong category, another thing to add to the list. I am not sure about the stock photo tho, see I was more thinking of a scam. If you check the seller feedback seems that she never sends items sold to the winning bidders and has also a high number of negatives...I was asking as I need to pay for one of them (sorry forgot to mention that!) and I don't really feel safe especially after finding those pics are the same found through google! It would be ok if it was a original rainbow brite doll as they look the same, but as is a custom doll I am a bit confused if it's really that I will get, as each custom doll is different from another. Wish I noticed all of this before bidding :( Also the seller took ages to reply to me with payment details...Any suggestions?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Regina wrote:Any suggestions?

Maybe you should ask for photographs of the actual product. Just let them know that you're concerned about their negative reviews and the fact that they're using stock photos, but that you'll still happily do business with them if they provide photographs of the actual doll.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Hi everybody ! :-)
I am from Germany and I am a big fan of rainbowbrite...I watched these auctions too.
The stormy custom doll looked very good but I did not buy it...
I will try to make my own custom doll of the chara Stormy.
I sewed boots for my moonglow-doll and now I want to try out a bigger tinker-challenge. :-)

Regina

Post by Regina »

FanChan wrote:
Regina wrote:Any suggestions?

Maybe you should ask for photographs of the actual product. Just let them know that you're concerned about their negative reviews and the fact that they're using stock photos, but that you'll still happily do business with them if they provide photographs of the actual doll.
Thanks FanChan for advice. Seller never replied to my e-mail!
Tom-sprite wrote:Hi everybody ! :-)
I am from Germany and I am a big fan of rainbowbrite...I watched these auctions too.
The stormy custom doll looked very good but I did not buy it...
I will try to make my own custom doll of the chara Stormy.
I sewed boots for my moonglow-doll and now I want to try out a bigger tinker-challenge. :-)
Good think you did not buy! I believe the seller is a scammer as all the buyers have bought something from her have left negatives saying she took their money and never replied to them/sent the item!
One more lesson from ebay experience! Also the pics used for the auction are taken from internet search!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Regina :

O my god ... I almost bid on that doll ...
I am so happy that I did not bid !!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

What's the name of this seller so we can all avoid him or her in the future?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Regina

Post by Regina »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:What's the name of this seller so we can all avoid him or her in the future?
Ebay ID of this seller is:
' hase-kit '.