Charms Combo, Anyone?

Chibi Rachy

Charms Combo, Anyone?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

It's been quite awhile since I've done a thorough ebay search for interesting things relating to Rainbow, but tonight I found a nice combo: Watch + Italian Charm Links

I've seen the watches on there before of course, but I've never seen that particular set of Italian charms. Usually you see various Rainbow ones, Starlite, Kitty Brite, and Puppy Brite. The only bad thing about that set is that it doesn't have all the Color Kids, but it does have Moonglo and Stormy, a pretty big plus. I figured that if someone truly wanted a Rainbow Brite watch, why not get the watch and then buy that charms set, replacing the current watch charms with the new Rainbow ones? That way you'd see your favorites all the time (unless of course, your favorite is one of the Color Kids not in the charms set).

Is interesting to think about :) At any rate, it makes a good combo!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Re: Charms Combo, Anyone?

Post by Dialga-Brite »

so like, you put the charms inside the watch, or what? Anyways I really like the picture on the watch, and I also like the moonglo and tickled pink charms (of course they're my two favorite characters as most people here probably know).
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:so like, you put the charms inside the watch, or what? Anyways I really like the picture on the watch, and I also like the moonglo and tickled pink charms (of course they're my two favorite characters as most people here probably know).
No, you put the charms on the watchband. The band itself is an Italian charm bracelet. You merely take off the blank charms on the watchband and replace them with the RB ones
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I get it, that's cool! So someone could have both the pretty picture on the watch AND the charms! :D
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I get it, that's cool! So someone could have both the pretty picture on the watch AND the charms! :D
Yup, and they could change them at whim. Like I said, only downside is all the Color Kids aren't there, but it's still a nice combo. How many charm links you made the watchband into depends on how big your wrist is.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

BE CAREFUL! That watch and those links are probably rip offs! There was a girl on the MLP Arena who pointed out how her husband had some of his Disney fanart stolen off of DA and put on watches that were sold on Ebay! And I don't think he's the only person from DA who had his art stolen and put on watches!

Just know that these more than likely aren't official merchandise.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tennyo wrote:BE CAREFUL! That watch and those links are probably rip offs! There was a girl on the MLP Arena who pointed out how her husband had some of his Disney fanart stolen off of DA and put on watches that were sold on Ebay! And I don't think he's the only person from DA who had his art stolen and put on watches!

Just know that these more than likely aren't official merchandise.
XD Of course it's not official merch. That's obvious to anyone looking at it. It was just a neat thing to see at the time.