Why in the world is this so high already??

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I wanted to add her to my Stormy collection. I was gonna bid on her, but it's already to $200!!!!!!! WHY????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MEBIDX:IT

I really love the material that was used and I'm bummed that I won't be able to afford her now. :rbstormy:
Last edited by stormberryfairy on Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I wonder if this is the person who made my Stormy all those years ago? The materials used look exactly the same. I need to take a pic and show you guys. But wow, I don't think I've ever seen a custom go for that high! Or at least not so quick!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

:wacko:

It's gone so high because two people are having a bidding war. One of them has only 46 and the other 68 feedbacks.

I paid EUR 250 for a custom Stormy, but she came with a correct box based on a Dress Up doll and not a regular box. I also personally knew the person that made it.

RB, why don't you send her a message through the auction page and ask her how long she's been making custom RB dolls?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:RB, why don't you send her a message through the auction page and ask her how long she's been making custom RB dolls?
She actually answered that on the auction page itself:

"Ive been getting many questions about her so I just wanted to clarify a few things. I made this Stormy doll about 10 years ago along with one other Stormy doll when I was building up my collection. I sold the other doll about 8 years ago. This is the only other Stormy doll I have."

I was thinking I bought mine a little more than 8 years ago though...although I'm not certain of that. I'll try to look through my old pics and see where she first shows up. I should email the seller to make sure. I've been wanting to reconnect with whoever made her anyways :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Man, well that just stinks for me, lol. Guess I'll get over it. :P

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:RB, why don't you send her a message through the auction page and ask her how long she's been making custom RB dolls?
She actually answered that on the auction page itself:

"Ive been getting many questions about her so I just wanted to clarify a few things. I made this Stormy doll about 10 years ago along with one other Stormy doll when I was building up my collection. I sold the other doll about 8 years ago. This is the only other Stormy doll I have."

I was thinking I bought mine a little more than 8 years ago though...although I'm not certain of that. I'll try to look through my old pics and see where she first shows up. I should email the seller to make sure. I've been wanting to reconnect with whoever made her anyways :)

Well I hope you find out one way or another if she was the one who made her or not. I guess that either way it would be cool to know.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

stormberryfairy wrote:Man, well that just stinks for me, lol. Guess I'll get over it. :P

I've been on the wrong end of those deals before. Depending on what it is, I'll let the item pass or I'll keep bidding if I need it for my collection bad enough and it really rare.

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

Katy
She is the one who made it.I found this site while looking for pictures. Seeing all the Stormys made gave me the idea of making the collage of member posted pictures on my topic. I'd enjoy seeing a bigger picture of your stormy for my project.
http://webspace.webring.com/people/su/u ... mmoon.html

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thanks Stormyfan!! I'd forgotten all about that page, and that Moonglow!! I sold her after I purchased a real Moonglow from someone in Germany. I'm not sure where she ended up, but she was a great custom! And finally, here's a pic of my Stormy for your project :)
Attachments
CustomStormyRBNet.jpg
CustomStormyRBNet.jpg (118.04 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

Thanks Katy :rb: