Rainbow Brite Animation Cel!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Rainbow Brite Animation Cel!

Post by Rainbow Brite »

We've seen cels from RB commercials before...but I think this may be the first cel from an episode!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Very-rare-RAINBOW-B ... 2c530dfb7c

It just got put up and is already up to over $100! Wowsers! I wonder how much it will end up going for. And I wonder how a person from France ended up with it in the first place. Mysteries abound.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite Animation Cel!

Post by Chibi Rachy »

That's rather interesting that one suddenly pops up. It may go pretty high in the end. It would be interesting to see the final cost.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I saw that last night. Judging from the way it was written, it looks like it was done by someone from the UK who lives in France. House prices in France are much less than in the UK so a fair number of UK citizens have vacation/retirement homes in various parts of France.

How they ended up with that cell is still a mystrey.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Animation cels are often very expensive ... the collectors spend a lot of money for those cels.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

That thing went for over $400!! And the other two went for more than $150. Wow! Did any of you buy any of them?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Not me.

I noticed that he moved one from ebay.fr to ebay.com and I suspect that's the one that went over USD 400.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Collecting animation cells is for quite rich people !

...but cheaper then faberge-eggs after all ! :-)))))))))))) :lol:

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Collecting animation cells is for quite rich people !

...but cheaper then faberge-eggs after all ! :-)))))))))))) :lol:
Indeed it is not for those without cash... but cells are rare for RB so that's most likely part of it. Surely there's at least one thing you've paid enough for that others think you're crazy for doing so! :P
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

I purchased two of the three cels. :) I had hoped to win all three, but when the Starlite set-up went over $350, I had to drop out of bidding on the Brian/Red Butler set-up. The two I won should arrive any day now. I'm incredibly excited. And broke. :lol:

http://stemcels.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=11373

The seller is a French collector of animation art from the 80s. I have no idea how he got his hands on these particular set-ups, but he's had them for awhile. This is his online gallery: http://dreamcels.rubberslug.com

I, honestly, was very thankful that the cels I bought didn't go any higher. I was expecting the one of Starlite and Rainbow to go over $500. But I guess the economy kept things to a 'normal' level.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Indeed it is not for those without cash... but cells are rare for RB so that's most likely part of it. Surely there's at least one thing you've paid enough for that others think you're crazy for doing so!
Good point Chibi !
I guess it s even more then one thing ! :-)))))))))