Fake Buddy Blue doll

Aquarius

Fake Buddy Blue doll

Post by Aquarius »

I couldn't hide my disgust with this auction. I can't stand it when people claim things like this as an original. Anyone with a brain would know that this isn't, and just because it's vintage, means its worth A LOT. *rolls eyes*

This is way to much for a fake & dirty Buddy Blue doll. Even the real one is worth about a third of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com...

Rainbowbrite84

Re: Fake Buddy Blue doll

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

Thats ridiculous!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

OMG ... this doll is really ugly and the whole auction is a big bad joke ! :-)))))))))))))

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Any smart person would figure out the difference and the lister would merely lose out on the fees. You have to wonder if the lister knows it's fake; they do have 100% feedback.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

One of the kids told me they want it...

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

i bet it was homemade based on the rainbow brite doll pattens they had out in the 80's, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for someone to have edited the pattern for a buddy blue instead of rainbow, though why they'd pick buddy, over all the other colour kids is beyond me!

i recently bought 2 of the patterns, rainbow and twink, and the first thing i thought was how i could edit them to fit the other colourkids and sprites, given enough time/energy/resources..

also it annoys me how many people refer to "Buddy Blue" as a "her" i don't think BUDDY blue sounds anything like a girls name... a little common sense people! honestly ><

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Couldn't resist, I wrote them a message. :D

Dear deal$or$no$deal,

Hi, this isn't a question so much as a friendly message. I am a fan of Rainbow Brite and a lot of Vintage 80's stuff in general. I'm afraid to tell you this, but I just didn't think it right to not say anything, but this doll is not an official vintage Buddy Blue doll. I'm not quite sure where it came from, but it is not real and certainly not worth $100.

I don't intend to be mean, I just figured I should warn you so that you don't get into trouble in the future for selling someone a doll that was listed incorrectly. I'm sure you had no idea it wasn't real and it really is just an honest mistake. :)

If you are interested in seeing what the actual Buddy Blue doll looks like, there is one for sale in this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-RAINBOW-BRITE-C ... 20ada45081.

There is also a little blurb about him here: http://wiki.rainbowbrite.co.uk/index.ph ... Buddy_Blue

Take care!

- tennyomelime

I know, I was all bubbly nice. But I don't want to stir drama. And also it could be an honest mistake. I can almost feel this poor person's heart sinking. :(

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

aww, he's so cute and adorable in his own way :) There's no way I'd pay $100 for him though. :)