Rainbow Brite Animation Cel!

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite Animation Cel!

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:
Indeed it is not for those without cash... but cells are rare for RB so that's most likely part of it. Surely there's at least one thing you've paid enough for that others think you're crazy for doing so!
Good point Chibi !
I guess it s even more then one thing ! :-)))))))))
It's just one thing for me. I bought the second Strawberry Panic light novel (english version) for over $100.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

If an item is especially precious for you whatsoever it s absolutely OK to pay a high price...but I think in such a case the item generally has to be at least quite rare ! ;-)

Is this SSC novel very rare ?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:If an item is especially precious for you whatsoever it s absolutely OK to pay a high price...but I think in such a case the item generally has to be at least quite rare ! ;-)

Is this SSC novel very rare ?
XD It's not Strawberry Shortcake. It's Strawberry Panic, a Japanese yuri series that deals with the life of private school girls. It is rare. It had a limited print run and then when it didn't sell so well, most were destroyed to get rid of them. So it's hard to find a copy. Mine was brandnew. I bought it because I needed to complete the Strawberry Panic line and there were quite a few of my favorite scenes in it. Believe it or not, I think it's about 2 years old.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

:-))))))) :lol:
I discussed SSC earlier so I mixed this up !

Is it a novel or some kind of manga-book/anthology etc. ?

The Anime-series Strawberry Panic has a mild-gay romantic theme ...
so the target audience is naturally a little smaller cause it s not mainstream ...
it s not easy to find rare Yuri-stuff for sure.
Converted 100 dollar are 67 € ... this is definitely expensive but if it is a pearl for your collection it s worth every buck ! ^^ :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote::-))))))) :lol:
I discussed SSC earlier so I mixed this up !

Is it a novel or some kind of manga-book/anthology etc. ?

The Anime-series Strawberry Panic has a mild-gay romantic theme ...
so the target audience is naturally a little smaller cause it s not mainstream ...
it s not easy to find rare Yuri-stuff for sure.
Converted 100 dollar are 67 € ... this is definitely expensive but if it is a pearl for your collection it s worth every buck ! ^^ :)
It's a light novel. It's basically a novel in small form and pretty easy reading. It includes some images as well.

Strawberry Panic is highly overrated and cheesy schoolgirl drama and usually no one can figure out why they like it. I fall under this. Yuri anything is hard to find though. It was definitely worth it.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Was the light novel translated by fans or was this really an english version ?
:lol: ...I often fall under cheesy stuff too ! ;)

The first artbook I imported from Japan was "angel cage" - from series Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki.
It was mercilessly expensive as an import.
Quite comparable ! I also payed 100 dollar for it back then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way sorry guys for being so much off-topic here ! ^^

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:Was the light novel translated by fans or was this really an english version ?
:lol: ...I often fall under cheesy stuff too ! ;)

The first artbook I imported from Japan was "angel cage" - from series Angel Sanctuary by Kaori Yuki.
It was mercilessly expensive as an import.
Quite comparable ! I also payed 100 dollar for it back then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way sorry guys for being so much off-topic here ! ^^
It was really an English version. There were two done. The first is so easy to find, but the second is the hardest to locate.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Clinozoisite wrote:I purchased two of the three cels. :)
Congrats!! :) I'm glad they went to someone in "the family" lol :lol:
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Rainbow Brite wrote: Congrats!! :) I'm glad they went to someone in "the family" lol :lol:
Thanks! I'm still feeling those auction prices, though. *ouch*
But finding such awesome complete set-ups from the TV series has me very excited. I don't think I've ever seen such nice Rainbow Brite cels before.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Clinozoisite wrote:I purchased two of the three cels. :) I had hoped to win all three, but when the Starlite set-up went over $350, I had to drop out of bidding on the Brian/Red Butler set-up. The two I won should arrive any day now. I'm incredibly excited. And broke. :lol:

http://stemcels.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=11373

The seller is a French collector of animation art from the 80s. I have no idea how he got his hands on these particular set-ups, but he's had them for awhile. This is his online gallery: http://dreamcels.rubberslug.com

I, honestly, was very thankful that the cels I bought didn't go any higher. I was expecting the one of Starlite and Rainbow to go over $500. But I guess the economy kept things to a 'normal' level.

That's awesome that you won those. I never seen RB cels on ebay like those before. I think I only seen the ones for the cereal commerical? Anyways, congrats!

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite: