Another slimy seller

Dialga-Brite

Another slimy seller

Post by Dialga-Brite »

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAINBOW-BRITE-REPRO ... dZViewItem

I bid on a custom stormy, she ended today, and I was winning her for below $30.

I got this message from ebay:
Dear dialga-brite(dialgabrite@gmail.com),

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

230285401663 - RAINBOW BRITE'S~STORMY~DOLL~AWESOME~OOAK~VERY RARE~

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this auction-style listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item. If the seller chooses to relist the item, you're welcome to bid on it again.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:
- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.
- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing should not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

For information on how you can protect yourself and help ensure a positive buying experience in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer_checklist.html

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

Next thing I know, she's relisted, doesn't end for six days. Sounds to me like she just didn't like the price I was going to get her for. The seller I'm talking about is windy72.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

D2s2b4gn

Re: Another slimy seller

Post by D2s2b4gn »

Hmm, that id is familiar. Either that person is or was a board member, or there was something shady that went on with this person before.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

hmm I dunno... but I think if she has a minimum price she wants to get an item for, then she should SET THE START BID HIGHER!! I think that canceling the auction then relisting it right away just because she stupidly set the starting price low is just rude and unethical.

Star Stealer

Post by Star Stealer »

Next thing I know, she's relisted, doesn't end for six days. Sounds to me like she just didn't like the price I was going to get her for. The seller I'm talking about is windy72.

Just had to say something even though this is old now, but I know Windy and she didn't end the listing.
Ebay did.
Must have been some violation so she probably fixed what ever it was and relisted.

This wasn't anything she did intentionally.

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

ok that's good then, thank you for clearing that up. :)

too bad I didn't bid again then.

Also, I'm glad you've finally joined the new boards!

Star Stealer

Post by Star Stealer »

Thankee (((Dialga)))

I've been slapped a few times myself from Ebay so I know what those notices look like and what it says when the big ebay reaper gets you.

I saw your post long ago but wasn't registered but I'm glad you know now.

Don't know what it was that got her but it was probably something lame like keyword manipulation or...well could be anything.

I thought she sold those things on a regular basis but I haven't seen her around for a while now.
I might be wrong though.

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Dialga-Brite wrote:hmm I dunno... but I think if she has a minimum price she wants to get an item for, then she should SET THE START BID HIGHER!! I think that canceling the auction then relisting it right away just because she stupidly set the starting price low is just rude and unethical.
On Ebay there is a function where you can set what price you want, and if bids don't reach that price the auction will be canceled.

People set prices low because it creates interest. Set your price too high and people may not bid. Someone else could come in with a ridiculously low price that no one can compete with.

That's just the way ebay works.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Dialga-Brite wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/RAINBOW-BRITE-REPRO ... dZViewItem

I bid on a custom stormy, she ended today, and I was winning her for below $30.

I got this message from ebay:
Dear dialga-brite(dialgabrite@gmail.com),

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

230285401663 - RAINBOW BRITE'S~STORMY~DOLL~AWESOME~OOAK~VERY RARE~

Unfortunately, eBay has removed this auction-style listing. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. Because the listing was ended, you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item. If the seller chooses to relist the item, you're welcome to bid on it again.

Listings are removed for different reasons. For example:
- The way the item was listed may violate eBay policy.
- The removal may be part of a separate action taken by eBay that is unrelated to the listing itself.

We hope you understand that, due to privacy concerns, we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended. However, please note that the removal of this listing should not suggest that this seller's standing in the eBay Community has been called into question.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

For information on how you can protect yourself and help ensure a positive buying experience in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer_checklist.html

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

If you read start of the quoted letter is says that ebay cancelled the auction and not the seller.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!