Moonglow
14%
Both are good
19%

Total votes: 21

*C9*

Re: Moonglo or Moonglow

Post by *C9* »

err where is the basis for the facts that it was a spelling mistake?

That hardly makes sense, the toy line has it spelt Moonglow so what? Moonglow could have just as easily been a spelling mistake in the toy line. Things like this always happen. The doll is modeled after the tv animation character not vice versa. It is probably because the spelling of moonglow is dictionary correct with a w rather than having Moonglo. As well since she was released in Germany the understanding of brite and bright hardly makes relevent sense in translation. There is NO proof of the correct spelling. I have been reaseaching for a few years now. Unless we recive orginal character sketches or notes we have nothing.

Even that given, with people telling us from playmates that it is "moonglow" is from the marketing and not the actual producers. It is second hand information from a second generation of people. Will will never know the real spelling because Hallmark leaves huge plot holes and gives us nothing for answers or artwork!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

The proof is that it was spelled "Moonglo" ONE TIME, whereas it's been spelled "Moonglow" on several publications. And the latest word did not come only from Playmates Toys - it came from Hallmark.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

Again this is only toy sources having it spelt Moonglo. As also stated the ones givings us the info are not heads of Hallmark,but employees that have given us this information. That is different than officials or knowledable people in the process of creation. They got the information second hand. A similar case of misspelling is the french RB her name is different from the toy name than in the show. Merchandise/show is different.

TThe only evidence is the toy box in which I have explained the possible reasonings many times. Several times is the toy printed out on a variety of boxes and ads. I do not count new items of toyplay and playmates. If anything I fully believe Moonglow was a spelling error in the toy line. It has just as much merit as saying the opposite for Moonglo.

I just think that the fact should be removed, their is no official word of it being a spelling mistake.