Moonglow
14%
Both are good
19%

Total votes: 21

Rainbow Brite UK

Moonglo or Moonglow

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

*C9* is requesting a name change for the Wikipedia page for the character "MOONGLOW" to drop the "W".

Since there seems to be conflicting opinions to how the name is spelled, we thought you should voice your opinion too.

Evidence
The "Glow" spelling is used on the character inserts and advertisements, and when the doll is released in Germany.

But, it is spelled "Glo" on the vhs sleeve?

Which do you think is correct/preferred spelling?

Dialga-Brite

Re: Moonglo or Moonglow

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Moonglo.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

doesn't bother me, but don't even THINK about spelling MY name with a K!! LOL :lol:

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I would say Moonglo since the only evidence of Moonglow is the german toy box. Moonglo is based off of the cartoon character. Her name is spelt as thus on the VHS. I mean the toy box also says Tickled Pink's horse is Sunriser. That was never truly shown in the show but do you accept this as a fact?

As for Glo being copyrighted, Glo by it's self would be copyrighted if their was another show or cxartoon product featuring worms. But Moonglo has nothing to do with the Rainbow Brite series. If that is true then scotch brite would be sued for using brite. It just doesn't make any sense. You can sue if it has similarities beyond a just a name.

As well with it being Rainbow Brite, Litle and so forth. It goes with the show it is what makes the show unique.

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Both sound good, but I see how the Glo spelling works well with the Brite spelling.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I voted both : ) How her name is spelt does not change my love for her. Does it really matter : )

rainbowstarfaery

Post by rainbowstarfaery »

Sarah wrote:I voted both : ) How her name is spelt does not change my love for her. Does it really matter : )

No, it doesn´t, but her name was always spelt Moonglo, so where did the W come from?It´s ok that they want to give the dolls a new twist, but a name is a name and they should definitly drop the W.
Everyday is unique.Enjoy each momment

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

it is kind of weird huh? maybe it was an accident at some point, and just kind of stuck? :rbsmile:

*C9*

Post by *C9* »

I agree I bet some people that ar nea t the company don't really get things. So can we change the wikipedia article? I mean they only have the name changed for the new dolls. Nothing is said about the old show and the majority of the fandom (is obvious here) wants it to be with an o.

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Well if you go ahead and make changes to wikipedia then could you please put some thought into the article as a whole and not just the spelling? Cos in my opinion the entire wiki page about rainbow brite is somewhat poorly set up and lacks some serious information. THAT in my opinion is a lot more important than moonglo[w]'s spelling .. :P

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]