Deleted User

Chibi Rachy

Re: Deleted User

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:I honestly don't understand why bad grammar is a reason to delete someone. Over my years on the internet, I've seen too many people get bullied for not knowing how to spell, which I think is wrong. If there was more problems than just that, then forgive me as I don't totally know what happened. :)
It wasn't simply a case of bad spelling. It was using txt speak/l33t speak in place of any sort of English. There was spamming and insulting of other members. And there were probably other things as well, but those were what was visible on the board.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

yeah, I edited my post. Spamming and insulting = bad. I saw the post she made about dress-up dolls directed at me in the references, and thought it was kinda insulting (though it coulda been much worse). Also, I enjoyed reading your reply to it, because you recognized something nice about me (that I like to buy "misfit" dolls).

:)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:yeah, I edited my post. Spamming and insulting = bad. I saw the post she made about dress-up dolls directed at me in the references, and thought it was kinda insulting (though it coulda been worse). Also, I enjoyed reading your reply to it, because you recognized something nice about me (that I like to buy "misfit" dolls).

:)
No prob :) Rest assured that Sunny and RBUK wouldn't delete or ban someone without good reason.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Tennyo

Post by Tennyo »

Is it wrong that I didn't even notice the existence of this member on this forum? I mean it's not like there's such a huge member base that it would be easy to do so. lol

I know I'm not on that often but wow, I sure am blind.

Also, @ Wishbear: Are kids logging on under your username? Do you have your password saved in your browser? Maybe you should un-save it. :)

One more thing, I do have to ask, is it wise to allow banned members to re-register? On other forums I post at (in fact every forum I've ever posted at) this was in no way allowed. Perhaps a temp ban for a month or ninety days or so would have been the best course of action? Then a perma ban if she acts up again? I don't want to tell you how to run a forum, it's just a suggestion. It might make things easier.

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Tennyo wrote:Is it wrong that I didn't even notice the existence of this member on this forum? I mean it's not like there's such a huge member base that it would be easy to do so. lol

I know I'm not on that often but wow, I sure am blind.

Also, @ Wishbear: Are kids logging on under your username? Do you have your password saved in your browser? Maybe you should un-save it. :)

One more thing, I do have to ask, is it wise to allow banned members to re-register? On other forums I post at (in fact every forum I've ever posted at) this was in no way allowed. Perhaps a temp ban for a month or ninety days or so would have been the best course of action? Then a perma ban if she acts up again? I don't want to tell you how to run a forum, it's just a suggestion. It might make things easier.

Sometimes they log in to my account and it makes me berry MAD.
One of them got in my account and tried to buy some SSC dolls (to destroy as anger management?)

and made a few random insulting comments. As I said, they are this annoying IRL and they beat up the Air Conditioner my mom is borrowing from her ex-husband. They wake us up early all over a coat because theirs looks terrible and steal my mom's soda. (note: all the spamming is Dalton trying to have fun, he ripped my Twink's back and ripped tags off of my sweetloli Hello Kitty from Cedar Point)

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Tennyo wrote:Is it wrong that I didn't even notice the existence of this member on this forum? I mean it's not like there's such a huge member base that it would be easy to do so. lol
Let me just say that our members were very quick in reporting the abuse and we took care of it promptly. It was more of a behind-the-scenes issue than on the public front too, so you wouldn't have noticed much of it to be honest.
One more thing, I do have to ask, is it wise to allow banned members to re-register? On other forums I post at (in fact every forum I've ever posted at) this was in no way allowed. Perhaps a temp ban for a month or ninety days or so would have been the best course of action? Then a perma ban if she acts up again?
The user in question is banned indefinitely. For the time being, all future registrations are monitored by staff.

I'm closing this now, thanks again everyone for the support! :)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]