New Feature: Member Blogs!!

Dialga-Brite

Re: New Feature: Member Blogs!!

Post by Dialga-Brite »

one little issue I see is that where it shows the quantity of blogs in each of the categories, it only shows what I have, and not other peoples'. my blog is listed in two categories, and only two categories say they have 1 blog in them. this is despite the fact that chibi, major, and someone else each posted one, so there should be more than that.

I'll give you a screenshot in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

^^ there should be less zeroes.
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Dialga-Brite wrote:one little issue I see is that where it shows the quantity of blogs in each of the categories, it only shows what I have, and not other peoples'. my blog is listed in two categories, and only two categories say they have 1 blog in them. this is despite the fact that chibi, major, and someone else each posted one, so there should be more than that.

I never tag my journal entries on any site, and here it'd be categorizing. You're the only one who has done that, so that's why only your journal is shown.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Correct! However each user's journal is still listed in their member profile, unless restricted by its owner.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Dialga-Brite wrote:one little issue I see is that where it shows the quantity of blogs in each of the categories, it only shows what I have, and not other peoples'. my blog is listed in two categories, and only two categories say they have 1 blog in them. this is despite the fact that chibi, major, and someone else each posted one, so there should be more than that.

I never tag my journal entries on any site, and here it'd be categorizing. You're the only one who has done that, so that's why only your journal is shown.
oh ok. thanks! :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I'd noticed the main Blogs area layout had been redone. I like it much better than the original one that was on there. Much easier to keep track of updated blogs!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

SunSpire
Site Admin

Post by SunSpire »

Yeah, I agree. It's like a multi-user page with mixed content by everyone as well as individual blogs.
I still got issues with the style formatting tho and somebody just reported an issue with the board logo as well so I'll have to look into changing things around a bit to improve the overall performance.

Stay tuned for more updates.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

SunSpire wrote:Yeah, I agree. It's like a multi-user page with mixed content by everyone as well as individual blogs.
I still got issues with the style formatting tho and somebody just reported an issue with the board logo as well so I'll have to look into changing things around a bit to improve the overall performance.

Stay tuned for more updates.

"SunSpire"
I can say I've not had any problems with it so far. I'll keep an eye out. And the way it's done now reminds me of the friends page section on Livejournal