J3llyb3ans' Gallery

J3llyb3ans

J3llyb3ans' Gallery

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Hey everyone. I've decided to dedicate a thread to my illustrations. Before we begin, I would like to say that my art style is .............. kinda different. I know not everyone will like it, but this thread will be for those who do. (constructive criticism is welcome too.)

My first two pieces were actually inspired by that conversation about cartoon characters growing up. So these are brand new drawings. The first is an older Rainbow Brite, which is to be expected. The second is an older Strawberry Shortcake. These are both drawn in my style, of course, so they will look a little different. The Rainbow is based on the upcoming relaunch and the Strawberry is based on the 2009 relaunch. There was an issue on how Rainbow's belt would translate into a black and white picture, so I just left it without detail. Perhaps I'll try another with detail.

With the Rainbow drawing, I wanted to convey a feeling of being alive. Of just feeling alive. Hence Rainbow is standing with the wind blowing in her face and a look of enjoyment. For the Strawberry drawing, she's just chillin'. Image

Anyway, here they are.

Hey! There's an awesome idea for a yuri fanfic. Rainbow x Strawberry. I'm not sure exactly how it would work out. I see a lot of planning to resolve differences in realities and sizes. :P

WishBear2001

Re: J3llyb3ans' Gallery

Post by WishBear2001 »

That's berry cute

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Will you pretty please with a berry on top try a 2006 (brown-haired) Blueberry reading and a 2009 Orange standing next to Pupcake? They would be berry, berry cute Thanks in advance

(I am berry talking to scare Pieman away)

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

I like these a lot! Please do more! :)

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Your style's not so bad :) Keep posting more of your work when you have any!
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Great job :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Image
WishBear2001 wrote:Will you pretty please with a berry on top try a 2006 (brown-haired) Blueberry reading and a 2009 Orange standing next to Pupcake? They would be berry, berry cute Thanks in advance

(I am berry talking to scare Pieman away)
LOL

Berry nice request.

You know, it's rare I get a request for something I actually want to draw. These sound like good ideas and I definitely want to draw them. It may take some time. I have plenty of pics of 2009 Orange for reference but I'll need to find some Pupcake and 2006 Blueberry for reference.

Anyway, I thought I would include some older, unrelated drawings for fun. These are pretty manga/anime influenced.

A berry pretty faery

This next one isn't Rainbow, but you can tell she wasn't far from my mind when I drew this.

Look! She has the same cat :).

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I like the soecond one most ...the one with the big strawberry...very cute ! Love it ! :-)
I wonder how a coloration of this one would look like !

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

^Thanks. It may be a bit difficult to add colour because of the details in this one. I could try re-drawing the picture with less detail and then colour it. That might work.

I may add some colour illustrations later, but they'll most likely be in pencil. I don't have a good digital colouring program at the moment.

J3llyb3ans

Re: JG - Orange and Pupcake

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Filling a berry special request for Wishbear. G3 Orange Blossom and Pupcake drawn in my style. I'll begin working on the G2 Blueberry Muffin tomorrow.

Lately I've found it very relaxing to draw in my car while I'm on lunch at work. Just crank up some tunes and draw. All the new pictures I've posted were drawn like that. It helps the day go by much smoother too. Although if I can't help but sing along, I'll sometimes end up changing the words to go with my drawing. Def Leppard's "Bringin' On The Heartbreak" became "Bringin' On The Shortcake" when drawing the Strawberry pic. Image

Anyway the first of a two-part request, here's Orange and Pupcake.