Rainbow Land Commission by SHA

Patreek

Rainbow Land Commission by SHA

Post by Patreek »

A while back when I found out about the relaunch of Rainbow Brite by playmates, I wanted to do something special to commemorate it for the Fans of the show so I started my Daekazu commissions which are still on going (Patty will be shown very soon) I also had this picture done by my friend SHA, its rather epic and took him a REALLY REALLY long time, but I think the detail in it is amazing, and he did a great job with the personalities of the sprites. Anyway... i had this done for all of us, so i hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Please let me know what you think.

Major Ursa

Re: Rainbow Land Commission by SHA

Post by Major Ursa »

Very nice work there. I hope Patty is not mad that Buddy is next to Stromy.
Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I could do without the huge boobs and Moonglo's bare butt...but otherwise it's amazing :) I love the sprite who stole Krys' helmet...lol
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbow Brite wrote:I could do without the huge boobs and Moonglo's bare butt...but otherwise it's amazing :) I love the sprite who stole Krys' helmet...lol
I agree with Rainbow Brite on this, but I do love the attention to detail on the sprites and the background. The boys are fine...the girls just seem like they're dressed too provocatively.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

I haven't said much (if anything) about these commissions, but I figure I might as well finally say it. While I'm not crazy over many "older" versions of the characters to begin with, this Daekazu seems to like perverting them a bit too much. RB is not a sequel to Barbarella. :P

Daek has quite the talent though. Not taking anything away from that.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Starvoyager wrote:I haven't said much (if anything) about these commissions, but I figure I might as well finally say it. While I'm not crazy over many "older" versions of the characters to begin with, this Daekazu seems to like perverting them a bit too much. RB is not a sequel to Barbarella. :P

This isn't by Daekazu though. This piece is from a different artist.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Starvoyager

Post by Starvoyager »

Chibi Rachy wrote:
Starvoyager wrote:I haven't said much (if anything) about these commissions, but I figure I might as well finally say it. While I'm not crazy over many "older" versions of the characters to begin with, this Daekazu seems to like perverting them a bit too much. RB is not a sequel to Barbarella. :P

Oh, bah. I'm getting my text scrambled. Ok, we have TWO artists who have a keen interest in bubble boobs then. :P

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Starvoyager wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:

Oh, bah. I'm getting my text scrambled. Ok, we have TWO artists who have a keen interest in bubble boobs then. :P
I would disagree. Daek's aren't so painfully huge and bubbly. I thought his were done pretty well, unless you wanted to go for flat-chested.

TheWendybird

Post by TheWendybird »

I'm not flat chested but i got "boobs" haha i think there is a certain...roundness and size to some of them is what he means..altho I agree on second look that Daeks really are not so huge as the ones in this pic. I think there is a certain thing about those ones tho (pics in general) that feel a little off. They're amazingly good but at the same time I've kinda felt like...even after going to the deviantart page...that most of the girls for instance have what looks like the same face....just minor adjustments...there seems to be a mold involved with them...i'd like to see more variety in their looks. I still love the pics and I think I am watching the artist on there but wish there was more variety in their faces mroe than anything.
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

I rather agree with Star Voyager on this. As someone who also draws an aged version of the cast, I could never draw them so provocatively. It was mentioned, I believe, that Daek never watched the series to begin with, so there's no nostalgic necessity to maintain the innocence of the characters, and most clients tend to prefer whoever they're getting drawn to be as 'attractive' as possible. This picture, however... The sprites seem to be the only redeeming quality in my eyes. I accept it might have taken a great deal of time and effort to produce something of such detail, and that could be commended, but I don't see anything appealing about it.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.