Custom Dark Princess

Stormyfan

Custom Dark Princess

Post by Stormyfan »

With all the customs being done. I would like to give to give a custom doll a try.I found a Sailormoon doll to use. I'm using this type of doll because it would be different from the others done here.I need some tips on making the one piece suit part she wears.

Tom-sprite

Re: Custom Dark Princess

Post by Tom-sprite »

Hi !
I d love to give you a tip regarding sewing but unfortunatelly I am not good in sewing .
Maybe Jazzy can help you !
I look forward to see what you create ! :)

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

what i generally do is make my own pattern.
use a scrap piece of cloth & trace around the doll, leaving 14 inch gap. cut that out & use as a template. cut 2 more pieces, sew them inside out & then turn it right side out.
the easiest thing you can do is us a stretch fabric, that way you can manipulate it to get it over the body without ripping seams!

if the first one doesn't fit quite right, you still have the original piece you can lengthen or widen in areas to make a new template.

then you can either hand sew or hot glue the edges of the sleeves & neckline folded inward for a nice finished edge.

that's how i did her anyway, hope that helps :)

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

Thanks!
I'm a huge fan your work Jazzy.I did purchase a Stormy from you.She is one of my favorite dolls.
You and Tom-sprite inspired me to try this custome.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

yeah! I hope you have fun. it can be tedious, but the finished product is always worth it!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Cool thing that I inspired you to try a custom ! :)
HAVE FUN !!! :)

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

For the hair, I'm most likely going to color it with a Sharpie. Because it is a Barbie type of doll, I think it will work the best.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

yes, i like the sharpie coloring, it works great!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Katie Bair makes wig dye for synthetic hair. http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigsupplies_dye.html#kits

It's expensive, but well-worth it. I use it on all my costumes that need custom-colored wigs. :) But for a doll, you might get away with buying the $1 sample sizes.

Stormyfan

Post by Stormyfan »

Thanks Clinozoisite :happy: .I'll have to keep this in mind if I decide to make more dolls.Since this is my first try, a Sharpie seems safe to experiment hair coloring with :lol: .