life-size rainbow brite

IndigoJoy

life-size rainbow brite

Post by IndigoJoy »

Tom your work is always amazing!

I have a question, how did you ship these? I ran into so many problems shipping the (dismantled) RB sink & stove, it cost me like $80 to package and mail!
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@IndigoJoy :

I can t exactly remember the shipping costs cause I do not often ship abroad ... maybe Galacticatt does remember ... you could give it a try and PM her ! ;-)

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I'm not sure that you'll get a meaningful answer by asking Tom. Mind you, it's not that there's something wrong with Tom but If you sent a 22 pound//10 Kg package to Tom and he, without opening it, slapped a new address label on it and returned it to you, you would each pay rather different prices for exactly the same service because postal rates vary from one country to another. Tom could give you an answer that was 100% correct for him in Germany but it would be 100% wrong for you in the USA.

Also, Tom's package was large but light. Your package was most likely larger and much heavier than his was. He mailed from Germany to the USA and your package went from the USA to...? There are too many variables to make a direct comparison.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

life-size rainbow brite

Post by IndigoJoy »

Sorry, let me clarify. I wasn't asking how much he paid to ship. I was asking *how* he shipped them. In a flat cardboard box? Rolled or folded up?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Only Tom-Sprite and G-catt know the answer to that one... You may want to contact either one of them.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

life-size rainbow brite

Post by IndigoJoy »

Blondine, I know that, that is why I posted in this thread, to contact Tom-Sprite. You seem to be interested in posting about anything even if it doesn't involve you. Kindly wait for Tom to answer my question, please.

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@Indigojoy :

I used a customized cardboard box and if I remeber correctly a little bit styrofoam to bolster the drawing a little bit.
I put my best foor forward to create a suitable boxing ! ^^

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I still wonder how Sarah decorated my lifesize moonglo drawing ! :)
I d die for a photo Sarah ! ^^

Galacticatt

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh right I was going to take a photo! I love the way Moonglow and night sprite look down at me- I have them on the walls of my doll/sewing room. It is a bit... ahem, messy right now but I plan to do a fab job on it this weekend :D

I don't remember how much shipping was- Tom did a very nice job of packing it very safely-

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Teehee ... there u are ! ^^
Please post a lil photo when u find some free time ... it would be great to take a look again ! :-D