Post by Tom-sprite »

Hi Patreek !
I love your colouring-skills !
Looks all very professionell ! :-D

Buddy Blue

Re: Rainbow Land Commission by SHA

Post by Buddy Blue »

Offtopic:

Ah, thanks for explaining. This shoujo, shonen-and so on-whatever anime expressions can be really confusing if you´re not that much into it, as I´m not really a fan of japanes animes (though there are some really good ones out there like elfen lied, vampire hunter d, or devil may cry for example).
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew (from Pocahontas :)

Tom-sprite

Re: Rainbow Land Commission by SHA

Post by Tom-sprite »

Ohhh ...sorry Patreek ... I am an idiot ... I posted my thought before I read this thread carefully ...
so this picture was made by another artist and this pic was a request ....

Now I understand .... ( ...but I am still interested to see your dayglo Patreek ...)

First of all I have to say that the artist who worked out this adult-version-colour-kid-pic is very professionell and the quality of the pic is very good ... it must have taken him quite some time and I have respect for the big effort ... :-)
The graphic-tablet- coloration is extremely beautiful ... the colour-castle simply rocks and the interaction between the chars and the great attention to details is great ...

I totally understand why people argued a little about this "request-pic" ...
the pic appeals for me subliminal a little pushing sexy just like manny comic/manga-styles often are ...
and I do disagree just a little bit with "buddy blue" that this sexy feeling would" only emerge in the head of the spectator" ... ( No harm meant buddy blue but I am personally not a big fan of this art-appeal-theory )
What s simply noticeable mild erotic in it s appeal is for example :
the pose of lala orange and simultaneously her facial expression while posing like that ...
or the pose of moonglo with her facial expression also ...

On the one hand there will always be people who like such elements or simply dont care about it and on the other hand there are the people who are discouraged by that ....

I personally don t care about the mild sexiness in this pic but I also understand those who don t like the pic because of that ...

Generally I like the original 80s-rainbow-brite style most ...

but this request-pic is simply great art