life-size rainbow brite

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Just wanted to start drawing but I think I have a little lack of sleep and should take a break ! I am very happy that I was able to finish rainbow and Twink ...

I had a lot of ideas what I could do with the left half white drawing pasteboard.
Puppy,Kitty or babysprites ...

Well Forbearance is not acquittance ! ;-)

SunSpire
Site Admin

life-size rainbow brite

Post by SunSpire »

Well Forbearance is not acquittance
I've never heard that line before! LOL

I totally feel for you .. I usually lack serious amounts of sleep when I get creative working on my tunes, and I'm generally doing better working at late night hours than during the day, it's when all the creativeness flows through my body or something, lol

I know this is off topic, but ... have a look at this:
http://www.thisblogrules.com/2009/07/pi ... fects.html

I remembered these after seeing your lifesize work, imagine a garage door with the color kids crew on it ;)

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Sun :

:-)))))))) :lol:

Ich hab nach einer Redewendung für aufgeschoben ist nich aufgehoben gesucht ... ich denke ich hab mir was recht ungebräuchliches rausgesucht was !? :P ;)
Ich versuch mich hier immer ein wenig mit meinem zusammengeflickten Englisch durchzumogeln ! ^^

I love to be creative in the middle of the night too ... I don t know exactly why and it may sound strange but my concentration is better then.
:) A garage-door with all of the colour-kids on it would be very cool ... but I somehow would fear evil people could destroy it.

SunSpire
Site Admin

life-size rainbow brite

Post by SunSpire »

true, maybe the door of a room inside the house is a better idea :)

I'm sure Katy is going to love your pictures when she gets back to see them.

"SunSpire"
[html]* <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sunspire-records.com">SunSpire Records
</a>*
[/html]

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Nice work, Tom!

How did you arrive at the figure of 35 inches or 89 cm for her height? How tall, on average, would a girl of five or six years be?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Sun :

Yes ... I think it would be a better idea to display
such a work inside of a house. ;) ... securer ...

@ Blondine :

Thanks a lot ! :)

Size of a 5 year old girl according to science is circa 43 inch = 111 cm ...
There are variations but this is declared as an average value ... I searched the web. ;)

http://www.blikk.it/angebote/primarmathe/ma0323.htm

... but I tested that size while I made sketches and the effect was quite odd
cause the body proportions of original 80s rainbow brite were deliberately exaggerated to make her look extra-cute ! Very big head ....very small torso etc. So I decided to draw her just a little bit smaller (circa 35 inch) ...
that way the body proportions work better visually ... the size of the head looks better ! ^^ Well ... if I really had the goal to make it 100% realistic I
would ve needed to change the design ... I love the 80s design ... so I had to
adjust it a bit ! ^^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I feel so refreshed ... I am well rested and fit.
I will go shopping tommorow ... need more big white pasteboard.
Characters I really want to work out the next time are moonglo with sprite and Buddy Blue with sprite (my favourite colour kids)
I think the next life-size chara I want to draw is Buddy Blue ! :)

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Today the weather is quite ugly ... so I think I will buy more pasteboard tommorow or Monday ...
... somehow changed my mind about the remaining half pasteboard ...
I wanted to draw Puppy,Kitty or babysprites (maybe later) but instead of that I made a sketch for a life-size Champ sprite. :lol:
I love the colour blue ... especially cobalt blue or also known as royal blue ...
this is the reason why Champ is my favourite sprite together with Twink whom I like a lot too.
Gave him a pickax ... gives a quite glowing appeal to him I think.
...also added his cappy he wears as a plush doll too ! ^^
Will go on with the black outlines now and hope I have enough time left to make a coloration too today !
If all works according to plan I want to create a greeting card with Buddy and Champ on it too soon.

stormberryfairy

life-size rainbow brite

Post by stormberryfairy »

Oh I can't wait to see that! Blue is my absolute favorite color! Champ is my fave sprite for sure, and if Buddy was a girl, I'm sure she'd be my fave doll, lol.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

I recently saw some dolls that were one meter/40 inches tall. Some of them could actually walk on their own and even say all kinds of things. I'm wondering if one of those would make a more or less correct base for a custom Rainbow Brite doll? Any ideas?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

life-size rainbow brite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Stormberryfairy :

Cool you enjoy my drawings ! :)

Then you and I have something in common.
I love blue in all variations ... I think this colour is so calming and intense.

I just finished my Champ drawing ... will cut him out now! :-D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Blondine :

I guess a life size custom doll would be absolutely possible ... as a basis one would need a doll with a cute face ... the rest is modulation-work.
This could be a cool challenge for Jazzy ! ^^
Personally I would prefer to work out some more small dollies sometime. ;)