Rainbow Brite Board Games

Dialga-Brite

Re: Rainbow Brite Board Games

Post by Dialga-Brite »

I'm also going to do a villains set. Any suggestion? I think we all know who the Queen would be.
lol The Princess?
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Of course xD I'm also not sure if I should do a chibi version of her, to make her the same height as the colour kids. I've got Brian as a Bishop on his knees, so I didn't have to chibi-fy him. I kind of think it'd be good to keep her a bit taller, to sort of pay homage to that style in the show. I wonder how tall Brian is compared to the Princess...
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

You should make tiny gloom clouds with eyes for pawns. Murky has plenty of those!

And as for the monopoly thing, I was trying to figure that out as well. I know the property sets could be separated into the areas of Rainbow Land (such as Green Grange), but I'm not sure exactly what one would buy from Green Grange. Only things I can think of are green objects, like a blade of grass, a tree, and moss. That was my issue with it. Oh wait, I had another too. What would one buy, to replace hotels and houses? Star sprinkles (for a house) and color crystals (for the hotel) were all I could think of. I should work on a layout. I have some things in mind, just I get caught up in my fanfic stuff instead.

The pieces you're creating for chess of the characters could be carried over to be Monopoly pieces.

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

With monopoly, I'm thinking the houses and hotels could be sprite homes, with the final thing being, say, a Color Castle. Also, jail could be the Pits.

And I suppose these pieces could be used as monopoly pieces, but I think it'd be fun to stick with the monopoly theme for pieces - that is, not actual people, but just random objects.

It's been a long time since I've played monopoly...since when do you buy things from the places? I thought it was just rent. Of course, we could make up something else in the place of that. Could even come up with something aside from money to work with.

I think the hardest part would be making up the cards - all of those chance cards and the other ones I can't remember the names of... We don't even have our Monopoly board anymore. I'd have to look it all up online.

What other board games could we do?

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:With monopoly, I'm thinking the houses and hotels could be sprite homes, with the final thing being, say, a Color Castle. Also, jail could be the Pits.

And I suppose these pieces could be used as monopoly pieces, but I think it'd be fun to stick with the monopoly theme for pieces - that is, not actual people, but just random objects.

It's been a long time since I've played monopoly...since when do you buy things from the places? I thought it was just rent. Of course, we could make up something else in the place of that. Could even come up with something aside from money to work with.

I think the hardest part would be making up the cards - all of those chance cards and the other ones I can't remember the names of... We don't even have our Monopoly board anymore. I'd have to look it all up online.

What other board games could we do?
buy/rent...it's all good :) I do tend to forget.

I had thought of the sprite homes/color castle, but I was thinking that the most expensive 2 places could be in the Color Castle & Color Mines. The Pits I had thought of as Jail...seems to work well.

I wish I still had the layout I did in 8th grade... I know I did all that on a computer but it's been so long. It's actually not too hard to make them up once you get started being creative with 'em. I know for my WV one I used different color football helmets for the pieces and steels/kegs of moonshine for the hotel/houses bit.

My thing still is though... do we go with renting blades of grass and other color objects?

"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Renting blades of grass? What? @_@ I thought with monopoly, you were paying rent to stay in whatever building was on the property. Not paying for objects.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Yeah that's my thing. You tend to rent whatever's on the property. But if you're renting the areas of Rainbow Land, exactly what would go in each place? Cause say Green Grange makes up a set of 3 properties? What is really on each property and what do you call each little place?

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Oh! I think I might have a good idea...

What if the object of the game is to keep places colorful? The different places could be various parts of Rainbow Land and Earth. Maybe each player is a different color kid, and when they land on a place, they can 'buy' it, and be in charge of keeping that place colorful. The currency isn't money, but star sprinkles. So when they 'buy' a place, they give some of their star sprinkles to the 'bank', which could actually be Rainbow Brite. When someone lands on their spot, they have to give some of their star sprinkles to the owner, to 'pitch in on keeping that spot colorful'.

The things to put on that spot, instead of houses and hotels and what not, could be rainbows - small, medium, and large. The larger rainbow could mean the area needed to keep colorful has grown, so more star sprinkles are needed to look after it.

The 'income tax' is just Rainbow coming around asking for star sprinkles to get your places colorful again.

'Go' could be the Color Castle, where you restock on star sprinkles. Actually, the bank is better off being Twink, who mediates between the kids and RB.

'Jail' could still be the Pits. The various bad things that happen in Monopoly could be switched out for bad things that Murky's cooking up, so when you go to 'jail', it could be that you have to travel to the Pits to battle Murky, and you can't come back until you've 'beaten' him by rolling whatever it is you're supposed to roll.

What else is there in that game... I can't think of anything else. How's it sound so far? My brain keeps going @_@

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

FanChan wrote:Oh! I think I might have a good idea...

What if the object of the game is to keep places colorful? The different places could be various parts of Rainbow Land and Earth. Maybe each player is a different color kid, and when they land on a place, they can 'buy' it, and be in charge of keeping that place colorful. The currency isn't money, but star sprinkles. So when they 'buy' a place, they give some of their star sprinkles to the 'bank', which could actually be Rainbow Brite. When someone lands on their spot, they have to give some of their star sprinkles to the owner, to 'pitch in on keeping that spot colorful'.

The things to put on that spot, instead of houses and hotels and what not, could be rainbows - small, medium, and large. The larger rainbow could mean the area needed to keep colorful has grown, so more star sprinkles are needed to look after it.

The 'income tax' is just Rainbow coming around asking for star sprinkles to get your places colorful again.

'Go' could be the Color Castle, where you restock on star sprinkles. Actually, the bank is better off being Twink, who mediates between the kids and RB.

'Jail' could still be the Pits. The various bad things that happen in Monopoly could be switched out for bad things that Murky's cooking up, so when you go to 'jail', it could be that you have to travel to the Pits to battle Murky, and you can't come back until you've 'beaten' him by rolling whatever it is you're supposed to roll.

What else is there in that game... I can't think of anything else. How's it sound so far? My brain keeps going @_@
Is good idea.... but are we keeping to the color sets in the regular game? Such as when you owned all the red places, then you were able to buy houses to upgrade.

FanChan

Post by FanChan »

Well yeah. All you have to do is have two or three relate-able properties to be collected. Once you have them, you start stacking on those rainbows.