On-X custom

Wardah

Re: On-X custom

Post by Wardah »

Maybe after you finish On-X you could do dolls of the 3 characters you made up. I also think it would be awesome to see a Starlite in the style you drew him with the shooting star on his hindquarters.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Wardah :

As creating custom-dolls,sprites etc is totally addictive it s very probable that I ll do more in the future ! :lol:
Apropos ... I would love to tinker Grazia(white kid) and Sven(turquoise kid) some time.

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Who is the other one you made up. The one with the blue hair and sun on his belt? He would make a cool doll too.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The other one with the sun emblem is called dayglo ... he is not my creation.
Patreek invented him !
Dayglo is cute ! :lol:

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

Oh I thought he was your own since he was a new character. So would you be allowed to make yourself a doll of him or does the original creator not allow that?

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I don t know Wardah ...
Honestly I would prefer to tinker my own two creations Grazia and Sven.
I only included dayglo to my chara-redesign poster cause Patreek suggested me that I could try to draw his creation dayglo in my personal art-style.
I think this char is cute but I haven t got a personal connection in comparison to the white and turquoise characters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On-X :

I made some sketches today how the model of On-X should look like.
The big question is : Will it be achievable to shape the Fimo-clay precisely enough.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Today I got my clay.
I decided to make the body of the horse from round wood so that the complete horse has the correct size I planned.
At the moment I am ill (head cold and pink eyes) and have to save myself ... I will be able to buy more stuff I need on Friday.(special glue,metallic car paint,part of round wood etc.)
The following days I practice with the clay ... especially forming the head of On-X.
This tinker job is more intricate so I think it will take more time compared to the other stuff I made.

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

Can't wait to see pictures! What a challenge it will be! I wanted to make one as well, but have no clue where to start, Overwhellming project! I'm excited to see how it turns out!!!

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Can't wait to see pictures! What a challenge it will be! I wanted to make one as well, but have no clue where to start, Overwhellming project! I'm excited to see how it turns out!!!
Your totally right ... this project is very challenging but I will give my best ! :)
I hope On-X turns out nice but I am nervous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made 4 legs and a little jet propulsion-tail out of clay(I already hardened it in my oven ...
now I have to take a break until Friday afternoon til I can buy a round piece of wood.
Attachments
On-X legs and jet propulsion-tail.jpg
On-X legs and jet propulsion-tail.jpg (57.42 KiB) Viewed 870 times

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

The last hours I tried to form a head.
Dear me ! I can t explain how difficult it is to form a horse s head out of clay.
I did my very best to make it look a little mechanic.
I included some artistic freedom ! :P
I think it will look better when I later put all parts together and add the mane and other decoration like paint/airbrush, saddle and breast-emblem etc.
Attachments
On-X head.jpg
On-X head.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Last edited by Tom-sprite on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.