Color Castle Cake

Galacticatt

Re: Color Castle Cake

Post by Galacticatt »

How fun, I love it !

I am POSITIVE your frosting actually tastes good- but if you were less concerned with taste and more concerned with looks- have you ever used "fondant?" Some sort of paste i guess- has that smooth texture...

For example-

but again- regular frosting would taste better...

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Galacticatt wrote:How fun, I love it !

I am POSITIVE your frosting actually tastes good- but if you were less concerned with taste and more concerned with looks- have you ever used "fondant?" Some sort of paste i guess- has that smooth texture...

Fondant makes for prettiness, but it tastes so bad... at least to me. The first and last time I had cake made with fondant, it made me feel sick to my stomach.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I've heard that too! I guess there is not much point to making a cake if you can't eat it-

For sure I would like to have the regular-frosting edition at my own party- I'd want to keep the fondant one forever, hehe

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Galacticatt wrote:I've heard that too! I guess there is not much point to making a cake if you can't eat it-

For sure I would like to have the regular-frosting edition at my own party- I'd want to keep the fondant one forever, hehe
Yeah. You'd have to pick off the fondant to make it edible! Besides, frosting is the best part...especially if it's buttercream frosting...
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Galacticatt wrote:How fun, I love it !

For example-

Sarah, this is amazing. Did you make it?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh definitely not- I just saw it on flickr

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

OK.

I was sort of thinking that SSC herself would choke on all that sweetness concentrated in such a small area.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:OK.

I was sort of thinking that SSC herself would choke on all that sweetness concentrated in such a small area.
Orange Blossom can eat it! *eats monitor*