J3llyb3ans' Gallery

J3llyb3ans

Re: JG- two new pics!

Post by J3llyb3ans »

I like how my gallery is turning into a who's who of wonderful characters. Image Tonight I add two more to that list. These are two of the projects that I mentioned last night. The first is my first attempt at a My Little Pony. It's Morning Glory, a flutter pony. The second is character who my art style was made for and one I should have done from the start, Lady Lovely Locks.

Please enjoy.

Patreek

Re: J3llyb3ans' Gallery

Post by Patreek »

too cute!! :-)

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

Both drawings are lovely ! :-D
When I was little I watched manny of the my little pony videos and I ve heared some of the story tapes of Lady Lockenlicht ... the comics were great too and there also was a TV-show ... it was such a great time ! :-D

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Patreek wrote:too cute!! :-)
Thanks.
Tom-sprite wrote:Both drawings are lovely ! :-D
When I was little I watched manny of the my little pony videos and I ve heared some of the story tapes of Lady Lockenlicht ... the comics were great too and there also was a TV-show ... it was such a great time ! :-D
Thanks.

That's cool. I've heard about the German story tapes and comics. I wish we'd have had stuff like that where I live. We had the tv show and story books, but no story tapes or comics. I imagine those were quite good?

I often think of how awesome would it be if Lady Lovely Locks, Rainbow Brite, My Little pony, etc got brought back as comic book series. For me, that would be plenty of reason to start reading comics again. Image

edit: Special Message - I'm currently ill, so i haven't been up to as much drawing wise. I have some incomplete work that I want to finish. Well, maybe drawing will help me feel better. Anyway, look forward to Wishbear's SSC request as well as a drawing of Fizzy from MLP in my next post.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ J3llyb3ans :

Yes it s true ... the German story tapes for Lady Lockenlicht/Lovelylocks were supercool ...
in Germany MCs/storytapes were extremely trendy in the 80s and the effort made for them really was big because they sold very good ! :-D

Patreek

Post by Patreek »

sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! :-(

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Tom-sprite wrote:@ J3llyb3ans :

Yes it s true ... the German story tapes for Lady Lockenlicht/Lovelylocks were supercool ...
in Germany MCs/storytapes were extremely trendy in the 80s and the effort made for them really was big because they sold very good ! :-D
That's cool.
Patreek wrote:sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! :-(
It's ok. I'm feeling much better now. Health wise, anyway.

Unfortunately I'm not really pleased with the final work for the drawings I was planning to post. I may have to re-do them completely. So yeah. Nothing to post yet.

Regina

Post by Regina »

Nice work J3llyb3ans. Love the traditional black and white drawings!

J3llyb3ans

Post by J3llyb3ans »

Regina wrote:Nice work J3llyb3ans. Love the traditional black and white drawings!
Thanks. traditional black and white drawings are what I do most, so there are more where those came from. However, there are still some I would like to colour.

J3llyb3ans

Re: JG - Berry Kids and Fizzy

Post by J3llyb3ans »

@ WishBear2001. Here it is, the berry kids all in the same costume from the Dress Up Days DVD. At first I wondered why you requested this one since they're all dressed the same, then I remembered the significance of the scene. Anyway, I'll just let you figure out who's who. that should be fun, of course it's pretty easy to tell which one is Peppermint. :D

Next is my Fizzy drawing. It took longer to post since the first drawing I did of her looked kinda stiff. I think it might have to do with trying to emulate the MLP cartoon look a little too much. I find my art really looks more natural when I take what I know of said character and go my own way. I specifically wanted to go with something more along the lines of the art that accompanied the toys combined with the way the ponies were drawn in Rescue At Midnight Castle and add a bit of my style. I think it worked here.