Rainbow Brite Monopoly

Chibi Rachy

Re: Rainbow Brite Monopoly

Post by Chibi Rachy »

XD I was painting tunnels last night for our Thomas trains (dad cut apart some vinyl core) and realized that all my paints were acrylic, save for my paint pots.

Anyway, I did get to go shopping today and looked for supplies. I went to a few small craft stores, but Jo-Ann Fabrics had what I really needed. I was able to get the star shaped beads that are sold online for slightly less than ordering online and adding shipping. I got 3 bags but it turns out I'll only need two. As we were walking to pay for that, I stopped where they had storage containers and realized that the plastic see through containers they sell for organizing floss would work perfectly for the beads. I used to use those containers when I was into making beaded jewelry as a kid. So that's all taken care of.

I picked up some purple duct tape to use for the piecing together of the board. The only thing I didn't find was the illustration boards and I forgot about picking up contact paper, but mom can easily get that for me when I need it. I found some really heavy scrapbook paper, but still gonna check it out because I want something that will stand up to wear and not bend easy.

Today I'll test the acrylic paints on a bead and see how it holds up. I did search for Krylon spray paint (thanks for that tip, Fanchan) but they only sell it in a light purple at the Walmart I was at. If I can find a dark purple, I'd be set. I'll work on the game some more either tonight or tomorrow. I need to finish painting 4 more train tunnels :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

I looked first at mill hill beads and then joann's online. I get my beads at mill hill since they have a better selection. I looked at michales but nada. I'm glad you found your beads. I'm going to string seed beads together to get my stars.
Let your dreams fly as your soar into the sky

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I've been working on the cards and I've finished the first draft. I think one of our Monopoly game's Community Chest cards are missing because I have 15 of those and 16 of the Chance cards.

Anyway, I'd like to employ your help. I may end up adding a few more cards than what a normal game has. Community Chest cards are mostly about various jobs performed in the community or contests won. So if you would like to suggest some short scenarios for the Color Kids, go right ahead. Here's one of the cards I did for Shy Violet:

"Help Shy Violet fix the Color Console. Collect 1 violet star sprinkle."

My only request is that the reward be 1 or 2 star sprinkles of that Color Kid's color.

My other call for help is dealing with another card. The original card asks the player to make general repairs, paying so much for each house and so much for each hotel. I have no idea how to transfer this into an RB card since there is no buying, selling, and building of property. The best idea is have them pay in star sprinkles, but I'm not sure how to make it an effective card. Suggestions?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

Well everyone has to live in something. So what you could do is general fix it jobs for rb and color kids domciles. That's just a sugesstion.
Let your dreams fly as your soar into the sky

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Anyone got a pic or screencap of Murky's gloom gun? I can't seem to find anything online.