Rainbow Brite Monopoly

Crafty Blond

Re: Rainbow Brite Monopoly

Post by Crafty Blond »

Let your dreams fly as your soar into the sky

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Thank you for the links, but unfortunately they don't have what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find a store that sells star beads in all 8 of the colors so that there's conformity with the set. I basically need red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and pink. With indigo/violet, the set merely needs to have two different shades of purple. There are plenty of stores where you can buy regular pony beads in separate color sets, but nothing like that for star beads
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

Ok. I am going to be using seed beads to make my owns stars

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Crafty Blond wrote:Ok. I am going to be using seed beads to make my owns stars
I did some different search terms and found a set that would be suitable and reasonably priced except that it doesn't have the two shades of purple. I'm wondering if paint or something of the sort would work to change the color, as long as the paint is covered with a sealant of sorts.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

you can use acrylic paints. just wear old cloths. they will not come out of anything. also cover your space.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Crafty Blond wrote:you can use acrylic paints. just wear old cloths. they will not come out of anything. also cover your space.
So would I need to use a sealant to keep the paint from coming off the beads, or would the paint withstand storage without it?

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

Arcylic is one of the toughest paints to come off. it stains your clothes and surfaces. but no, no sealent is needed as far as i know and i use acrylics all the time.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Crafty Blond wrote:Arcylic is one of the toughest paints to come off. it stains your clothes and surfaces. but no, no sealent is needed as far as i know and i use acrylics all the time.
Ah I see. So old clothes and gloves and working outside. If I go the acrylic route, then I'd probably dunk the stars in the paint and then set them out to dry. To have a complete game for 8 people requires 120 beads of each color so it's more efficient that way.

Crafty Blond

Post by Crafty Blond »

That is pretty much how it would work. I usually use a brush to paint.

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Crafty Blond wrote:That is pretty much how it would work. I usually use a brush to paint.
All right seems I'll look into getting some acrylic paint. If you find any bead links that sell all those colors though in the star shape, let me know :)