Has anyone ever done this?

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:The 1996-97 dolls were not grown up. They seemed to be about 6 or 7 years old. The 2003-05 dolls were close copies of the original 80's dolls, so about 5 years old. It was only the 2009-10 dolls that were obviously more grown up than the originals at 10 or 11 years of age. All of these are far from the 20-something picture you painted.
You seem to have miss understood what i meant, i didn't mean the DOLLS were representative of 20 year old ravers, i said that RAVERS were.. as in, i don't like rainbow brite dressed up as a raver, because i don't thinking of her as a 20 year old raver. not that the dolls are portraying 20 year olds.
i said nothing about the 2003 line, i only said the 90s and the 2010 dolls, because TO ME they look like they're supposed to be a lot older than 8ish, the 90's dolls I'd place around 12ish, same with the 2010 dolls.

I don't have anything against seeing Rainbow wearing Raver fashions. It's nice to see her "out of uniform" once in a while and the same for the Color Kids. And raver clothes or not, I don't see Rainbow and her friends ever doing anything that would get them arrested. I don't see anything wrong with the image at the start of this topic but it hasn't inspired me to ring up Jasmine and ask her to make me any custom dolls like the ones in the image.As to seeing RB & the CK drawn as adults, it depends on the artist and the style. I don't care for anime and I don't care for streetwalker outfits on kids or adults, real or imagined. Avoid those and I'm normally OK with that sort of thing.
That's your prerogative, i was just pointing out that i don't care for adult rainbow brite, and RAVER kids tend to be pretty risque... not what i want my childhood icon to be dressed like. The actual image posted above isn't too offensive... but still isn't my bag... that's all i really meant above..l

As the question of have any custom dolls been made of 'Raver Brite', I think it's possible that at least one of them exists. There are a number of people around the world that make custom dolls (some are rather better than others) and there's no way we can ask each of them so chances are we'll never know the real answer.
obviously.. there's a rule, if it's been thought of, it's been done? can't ask everyone.. doesn't change my original reaction of "i hope they don't, i don't like raver rainbow brite" i wouldn't want to see it ^.^

Wardah

Post by Wardah »

silverorangetears wrote:
Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:As the question of have any custom dolls been made of 'Raver Brite', I think it's possible that at least one of them exists. There are a number of people around the world that make custom dolls (some are rather better than others) and there's no way we can ask each of them so chances are we'll never know the real answer.
obviously.. there's a rule, if it's been thought of, it's been done? can't ask everyone.. doesn't change my original reaction of "i hope they don't, i don't like raver rainbow brite" i wouldn't want to see it ^.^
While there is nothing wrong with you not liking raver rainbow brite and not wanting to see it, hoping that nobody makes one isn't right. Just because you don't like it does not mean you have the right to say that you wouldn't want others to ever have one made. I myself would rather not see a zombie Rainbow Brite made but if someone ever had one made I'd just shrug and click my back button.

silverorangetears

Post by silverorangetears »

Wardah wrote: While there is nothing wrong with you not liking raver rainbow brite and not wanting to see it, hoping that nobody makes one isn't right. Just because you don't like it does not mean you have the right to say that you wouldn't want others to ever have one made. I myself would rather not see a zombie Rainbow Brite made but if someone ever had one made I'd just shrug and click my back button.
see.. i disagree.. i think i have the right to say whatever i want, as does anyone else.. it's just an opinion, you don't have to agree with it , that's YOUR right. ^.^

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

I haven't seen any customs made from that image, nor have I made any (since I lack skills), but the outfits are cute, and they would make cute customs. With all the custom plush sites that exist anymore, someone's bound to have tried it somewhere, or will in the future.

And while it is raver clothing, it's best not to stereotype the raver. There are enough stereotypes as it is. One might say Rainbow and the Color Kids were playing in a bag full of dress up clothing and created some matching outfits...and had lollipops for a treat :)
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I'm not certain, as I never saved the images if there were, but I THINK someone did make at least one custom raver RB back in the early 2000's. I seem to remember her wearing jeans and a visor maybe? But my memory could be totally off :P
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

While not necessarily a zombie, I have often thought about purchasing this custom from Etsy. A bit weird, but also rather intriguing. [I wish this forum used different color for embedded links. Maybe it is just my eyes, but I can't really tell that the words "this custom" are a link to another site...]

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

OMG!!! Patty O'Green goes digital in a big way!!!

And you're right about the links. That dark gray is pretty close to the black text.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

IndigoJoy

Post by IndigoJoy »

A long time ago I made myself an iron-on for a t-shirt based on these images by the owner of Save Our Color Kids, or S.O.C.K. For personal use only, never sold it or anything. :)

They go along with the more modern-themed RB. It's just the main 7 kids plus Stormy. If she drew the other characters in this style, I don't have them on my shirt or my hard drive.

(Sorry, my FTP server is down, had to put them on Flickr. Will take them down soon.)
Upon the Rainbow, my rainbow blog.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Wow, those images sure are a blast from the past! I miss Jaeden sometimes.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net