Rainbow Brite's Friends

stormberryfairy

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by stormberryfairy »

Stormy and Tickled Pink are my faves, so I guess my husband was right about me. Hahahahahahahaha

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Please just fix the eyes. The originals really creep me out. It's like they aren't human.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Tom-sprite

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ Blondine :

Okidoki ! ^^

I will give some more life to the eyes !

Tom-sprite

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Tom-sprite »

Just gave a little life to the eyes ! ^^
Attachments
RB-friends-cwmodels-+-a-lit.gif
RB-friends-cwmodels-+-a-lit.gif (195.42 KiB) Viewed 949 times

cwmodels

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by cwmodels »

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's funny how you do something for the fun of it as a fan and then suddenly other fans starts to demand their personal preferences on your work.

When we were discussing Moonglow's redesign, I told Alpha to put her in something like a nightgown. And that's what he came up with. Somehow that turned out to be a lot of people's favorite (to my surprise).

For Pink, Alpha went for a something resembling a trendy teen fashion look. I asked him to put her in socks and sneakers instead of heels so it would soften her visuals a bit.

Stormy was the hardest one. We had to redesign her twice to get to a visuals which would match her personality. Setting her colors was a nightmare too because her original colors clashed with each other. What we ended up was quite interesting with Moonglow being the polar opposite of Stormy, Moonglow's visual is soft and light pastel colors, and Stormy is all angles and intense colors.

Our approach for Krys was to make him look more masculine despite having a rainbow scheme. His outfit is part space suit, part biker and part gladiator. His design was also to syncs up with ON-X a bit more.

Brian is presented as college age.

Overall all we wanted to differentiate all the characters. Most of our discussions are on things like: Long skirt or short skirt? Sneakers or boots? Open toe shoes or not? Cut her hair a little shorter or maybe extend it down her back? With each girl (including the color kids) we wanted a different hair style, top, skirt, and footwear, yet still a good representation of the character.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Tom-sprite wrote:Just gave a little life to the eyes ! ^^

Thanks, Tom. That made a world of positive difference.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Clinozoisite

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Clinozoisite »

Now we just need to see redesigns of the villains! :lol: :lol:

Chibi Rachy

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Chibi Rachy »

cwmodels wrote:Thanks for the comments everyone. It's funny how you do something for the fun of it as a fan and then suddenly other fans starts to demand their personal preferences on your work.

When we were discussing Moonglow's redesign, I told Alpha to put her in something like a nightgown. And that's what he came up with. Somehow that turned out to be a lot of people's favorite (to my surprise).

For Pink, Alpha went for a something resembling a trendy teen fashion look. I asked him to put her in socks and sneakers instead of heels so it would soften her visuals a bit.

Stormy was the hardest one. We had to redesign her twice to get to a visuals which would match her personality. Setting her colors was a nightmare too because her original colors clashed with each other. What we ended up was quite interesting with Moonglow being the polar opposite of Stormy, Moonglow's visual is soft and light pastel colors, and Stormy is all angles and intense colors.

Our approach for Krys was to make him look more masculine despite having a rainbow scheme. His outfit is part space suit, part biker and part gladiator. His design was also to syncs up with ON-X a bit more.

Brian is presented as college age.

Overall all we wanted to differentiate all the characters. Most of our discussions are on things like: Long skirt or short skirt? Sneakers or boots? Open toe shoes or not? Cut her hair a little shorter or maybe extend it down her back? With each girl (including the color kids) we wanted a different hair style, top, skirt, and footwear, yet still a good representation of the character.
I wouldn't worry what the others say about the eyes; I think they were fine as is. It's you and your friend's interpretation of the characters, and that's just fine. If you like them as they are, then keep them that way. There are so many ways to do eyes these days, it's not funny. I don't think anyone has the right to demand that something be changed of a fan's work. It's one thing to criticize, and another to simply say change it.

I do love the design for Stormy best. It seems to fit her. Her outfit reminds me a bit of the Simoun pilot jackets, only with gloves instead of sleeves that come up that far.

It would be interesting to see a storyline to go with these designs. Older and darker... I wonder how Rainbow Brite would be told differently with this premise? Have you and your friend ever discussed what such a world would be like?
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

cwmodels

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by cwmodels »

Chibi Rachy wrote: I wouldn't worry what the others say about the eyes; I think they were fine as is. It's you and your friend's interpretation of the characters, and that's just fine. If you like them as they are, then keep them that way. There are so many ways to do eyes these days, it's not funny. I don't think anyone has the right to demand that something be changed of a fan's work. It's one thing to criticize, and another to simply say change it.

It would be interesting to see a storyline to go with these designs. Older and darker... I wonder how Rainbow Brite would be told differently with this premise? Have you and your friend ever discussed what such a world would be like?
Maybe I didn't make myself clear before, so I'll try and be very straight forward here: I know how to render eyes with proper shading and high-lights. You look in my deviant art galley you'll see plenty of examples. I just didn't bother with these 2 redesign pieces. They are presented in simple flat colors so others can clearly see the basic line work and color settings. This way if anyone else want to draw these characters or do something to the pieces, it makes it very easy for them to do so. Thats why I told Tom to go ahead and detail them up and put his name on it if he likes. We're most happy if others want to do something with these redesigns, that means the fans accept them.

But we do have our own specific purpose for these designs as well. And yes, there is a story attached to it. Why do you think we have Brian at college age?
Clinozoisite wrote:Now we just need to see redesigns of the villains! :lol: :lol:
Those are coming :P

Tom-sprite

Rainbow Brite's Friends

Post by Tom-sprite »

@ cwmodels :

I think it s a great thing that you allow people to change or advance your redesigns. That shows you have good self-confidence ! :)
It was a lot of fun to work a little with your art ! Thank you !

... one only has to look at all of your great artworks over at DA ...
you are a very good artist ! :)
I personally never doubtet that you are able to draw vivid eyes ! :-)))))))))))))))))))) *lol*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad that I was able to rejoice you with changing the eyes a little bit Blondine !