Displaying

Chibi Rachy

Displaying

Post by Chibi Rachy »

All right so I've been wanting to display my sealed RB records in my bedroom, but I don't know how to go about doing that. Right now they just lay on the desk in my room because I don't have a spot for them, and I don't just want to store them on my bookcase. My room is the best place to display them, as it's always dark or darkish in there except for maybe an hour each day. I want to show them off and I was thinking of something similar to the stands used to display collector plates. Ideas or suggestions? Preferably something I can buy somewhere, especially online.
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Rainbowbrite84

Re: Displaying

Post by Rainbowbrite84 »

I like the idea of the stands. What if you got frames to put them in? You could do that and then hang them on the wall

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Rainbowbrite84 wrote:I like the idea of the stands. What if you got frames to put them in? You could do that and then hang them on the wall
Well that would be a possibility, but I don't have any wallspace left to do that with. The theme in my room is female forms, and if I put them on the wall, they wouldn't match well either. I do have a dresser and a desk that I'd like to use for displaying. The wall idea also wouldn't work because if I want to put anything heavy on the wall, I have to get nails meant to go through concrete; there's not much drywall layer before the concrete on the outer walls of the apartment so heavy things go bang XD
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Sorry, I don't display records
I hide them to protect them from sunlight, humans and further damage

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

WishBear2001 wrote:Sorry, I don't display records
I hide them to protect them from sunlight, humans and further damage
Err well I don't have that problem. My room is always dark or darkish since the blinds are drawn, I'm living by myself, and the cats don't bother my display items. Besides, there's no point in having something if I can't show it off.

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

I have the same view ... when I buy a fan-item I also have the desire to give it a great place in my apartment ... :-D

Chibi Rachy

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Tom-sprite wrote:I have the same view ... when I buy a fan-item I also have the desire to give it a great place in my apartment ... :-D
Yes, exactly. I've started collecting more figures (Fate/stay night, not RB) and have been trying to find places to display them. My small set are currently on the bookcase, but I plan to move them eventually.

As for the records, I've found these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Display-Stand-Clear ... 3356bbd580

I think they may work well for the records, though I may have to use 2 per record. However, since they come in a set, I'll be able to display my vintage RB books as well. Opinions before I buy them?

Tom-sprite

Post by Tom-sprite »

These acrylic displays look very nice ... I think you could give them a try ! :-D