need help displaying my collection

WishBear2001

need help displaying my collection

Post by WishBear2001 »

I have two bedroom shelves and they are over flowing with 80's toys and newer versions.
My mom babysits local kids and they want to take some down from the shelves.
I usually let them play with PlayAlong Toys Care Bears with the freckles or nose falling off already,
but the kids got my rare coloring books down and scribbled in them with black pens and dumped the markers all over my floor. One kid even squished my 80's Pillow dolls to the point where they were hard
to fluff up again. I sent most of my collection to my Dad's where they are safer and only left a few ruined 2003 CBs, cheap puzzles missing parts and coloring books at Mom's. Any suggestions for displaying my 8 year collection? (especially my Life Sized, large and tiny items)

TheWendybird

Re: need help displaying my collection

Post by TheWendybird »

WishBear2001 wrote:I have two bedroom shelves and they are over flowing with 80's toys and newer versions.
My mom babysits local kids and they want to take some down from the shelves.
I usually let them play with PlayAlong Toys Care Bears with the freckles or nose falling off already,
but the kids got my rare coloring books down and scribbled in them with black pens and dumped the markers all over my floor. One kid even squished my 80's Pillow dolls to the point where they were hard
to fluff up again. I sent most of my collection to my Dad's where they are safer and only left a few ruined 2003 CBs, cheap puzzles missing parts and coloring books at Mom's. Any suggestions for displaying my 8 year collection? (especially my Life Sized, large and tiny items)
Do you mean how to display them at your moms without them getting ruined?
*~*~Krista~*~*
Mrs. Starvoyager as of 11/22/09 :D
"Hail Stormy full of fury! Rainbow is with Thee!" :P

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

No at dad's without my sewing chair being a mess of PlayAlong CBs, Bandai/Kellytoy SSC plush, 80's MLPs and RB plush sprites and all 3 of my display cases full of minis and 80's/90's plush. We don't have shelves and my ceiling can't handle much more than my small Kellytoy/crane machine plush. I have posters hanging everywhere (did I say the pink 2004 SSC, Custard, Pupcake and Honey Pie one in my dad's bedroom which is also my sewing room) and the 2003 DIY CB/Star buddy quilt hanging next to my bed

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Maybe get a "pet net". I'm not sure if that brand name is still around, but it was a late 80s/early 90s triangular net that hung from the ceiling in a corner. You could pile them full of stuffed animals, which is a good way to store them without taking up valuable floor or wall space. :)

http://www.organize.com/petnet.html

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

Clinozoisite wrote:Maybe get a "pet net". I'm not sure if that brand name is still around, but it was a late 80s/early 90s triangular net that hung from the ceiling in a corner. You could pile them full of stuffed animals, which is a good way to store them without taking up valuable floor or wall space. :)

http://www.organize.com/petnet.html

I have one from a recent trip to the thrift store. Thanks for reminding me :)

Now I have to find it...