Favorite part of your collection and why?

Tilas

Favorite part of your collection and why?

Post by Tilas »

Out of your whole collection, which piece/doll/etc is your favorite and why? Was it your first doll? Does that item hold special memories for you? Share with us!

This is my large Rainbow, she's my favorite because I found her at a yard sale the local daycare held a few years ago. She was buried at the bottom of a box filled with dirty ratty old toys, she was totally filthy with lots of crayon and marker on her, and her hair was a giant rats nest. I saw her little boot sticking out and I was like "...that can't be. ...It is! YAY!" I bought her for I think a dollar, took her home and spent awhile cleaning her up. Amazingly, she still had her original ribbon in her hair and the decal on her dress was intact! I think her hair was cut a little, but it's not too noticeable in the back.
My Deviant Art~ KeonaKii

Chibi Rachy

Re: Favorite part of your collection and why?

Post by Chibi Rachy »

Out of your whole collection, which piece/doll/etc is your favorite and why? Was it your first doll? Does that item hold special memories for you? Share with us!
My favorite piece is easily my Stormy doll. Everyone knows Stormy's my favorite character...when I saw this one on ebay months and months back, I wanted her, but at the time the price was very high. I figured she'd never be mine cause I wouldn't be able to afford her. Months passed and the price slowly dropped. When the seller went on vacation, I made up my mind that when she returned I'd buy the doll.

She's perhaps my favorite because she looks like Stormy did on the show. I love the other customs I've seen around, but this one was one of a kind. She wasn't my first Rainbow Brite doll, as I'd bought a new version of Rainbow a few months prior, but she's the first doll I spent a good bit on. Prior to her (and not counting Rainbow) I only have owned 2 dolls I've kept and those are my porcelain Anne of Green Gables dolls.

:rbstormy:
"If you're obsessed with your yesterday then you're destined to repeat it." - Ariel of Icon for Hire

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

My favorites have to be my dress up dolls, as I have a soft spot for them. I've got three tickled pinks, one moonglo, & one dress-up rainbow. I love them all so much, but moonglo and the first tickled pink that I got have to be at the top of my favorites list (equally to each other).

I also really love my 8" 2003 Rainbow Brite, as she was my very first rainbow brite doll.

Moonglo:

Tickled Pink #1:

Dress-up Rainbow:

Tickled Pink #2:

Tickled Pink #3:

Little Miss Non-Vintage (8" 2003 rainbow):

They absolutely are my BABYDOLLS!
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Major Ursa

Post by Major Ursa »

I favorite part of my collection is my VHS tapes. They include the cartoons that got me started on not only my collection, but got me started on being a Rainbow brite fan. I also like my 2004 18" dolls of my cloolection as well. I like how the 2004 version of Patty O' Green is more detailed to the actual animated version like the green band-ais on her knees, the patches on her boots and the green poka-dot bloomers. I used them alot for special pictures that I have made on the forums as well.

Rainbow brite fan since 1984.

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

My Dragonfly Rainbow brite made by "pink glitter". picture of course to your left as my display picture. I LOVE her!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~

Dialga-Brite

Post by Dialga-Brite »

hi Tracy! recognize anyone in the pictures I posted? Yup, Moonglo is still enjoying her happy playful life with me. Dress up rainbow is happy as well. :)
Number of Pinks in my Tickled Pink Sanctuary: 56
Moonglos: 6
Dress up Rainbow Brites: 9

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

My favorite doll in my collection is actually the one in the worst condition. When I was a little kid, my mother tried to clean the face of my Rainbow Brite doll using dish soap. It took the paint off one of Rainbow's eyes! So...I now have a one-eyed Rainbow Brite doll. She is my favorite in my entire collection, for sentimental reasons.

For collecting purposes, my mint-condition, out-of-box Moon Glow is my favorite. I went to a lot of trouble to have a friend of mine in Germany buy her on ebay.de, since the seller did not ship internationally. I'll try to post photos of each doll later.

~Baby~Dragonfly~

Post by ~Baby~Dragonfly~ »

Dialga-Brite wrote:hi Tracy! recognize anyone in the pictures I posted? Yup, Moonglo is still enjoying her happy playful life with me. Dress up rainbow is happy as well. :)
Yes i do! Glad she has a good home!
"Everything Happens For A Reason"
~Baby~Dragonfly~