Neat find at flea market

Aquarius

Neat find at flea market

Post by Aquarius »

I went to a local flea market today and went into a vendor's store, just out of curiosity. I looked around and began digging through a bunch of doll outfits in a small box and found a dress for the 18" Rainbow Brite Doll for 75 cents, as mint as can be, inside a plastic baggie. I thought that was so cool. Kinda like it was there waiting for me to find it, lol.

Have any of you found something of Rainbow Brite or something really cool in a thrift store or flea market by "accident"?

FanChan

Re: Neat find at flea market

Post by FanChan »

I was at our city's major flea market, Treasure Island, for the first time sometime last year - and only 'cause I had an entry in the art show that was being held there (first place, yaaay) - and while mom and I were walking around, I saw this one vendor that was selling a bunch of vintage toys. So I started looking through everything, just out of my love for vintage toys. That's when I saw Murky. I about cracked up laughing when I saw him. In the same bin of toys was Patty, so I grabbed them both and went to buy them. Just as I was about to, I saw another familiar fuzz-ball, and got a big Twink, too. I'm afraid all three of them are tucked away in my closet with all of my other plushies, simply because I've no place to display them. Though, I suppose I could stick them in the hanging shoe caddy that's on the back of my door that only has about four pairs of shoes in it and nothing else.

I've been meaning to go back and look for more at some point, when I have money again. But I thought that was pretty cool. That's what got me into collecting RB stuff.
"I hope you know what you're doing, Rainbow."
"You still doubt me, after all this time?"
"I don't doubt," Krys said as he paused at the door. "I worry."

-Excerpt from my yet unnamed RB doujinshi.

Sukey

Post by Sukey »

I don't think I ever found anything at a thrift store by accident, because my bf and I would specifically go to stores/places like that in search of 80's toys :rbsmile:

Off hand I can't remember everything I found. I know I found two Starlites (both in need of some help) at different times. One needed an eye transplant, the other needed a star transplant and a trip to the salon(years of a braided mane/tail- I had to flat iron the kinks out). But they both turned out nicely and are proudly displayed in my colletion and my other "good" Starlite I had was traded off. I liked the fixer uppers more because I spent so much time repairing them and I had made them look nice again. I know I found my large Twink at a Goodwill and he was perfect except for a pin sized hole on his face- he was incredibly white. I found a large Patty at a yard sale, she was in excellent shape and I found a RB purse at another yard sale. Nowadays I come across the ocassional RB items, but a lot of times I leave them behind if I already have them. I used to buy extras toys for sale and trade, but I could never seem to get rid of them. So I have quite a lot of extra toys "for sale" from our many years of collecting and thrift shopping.

I like cleaning and fixing up old toys if possible.

:rainbow: Sukey
:rainbow: Sukey

WishBear2001

Post by WishBear2001 »

I found a 1984 Lala Orange by "accident" at a yard sale for my first item and paid $0.25 USD for her.