Hot Topic Exclusive Starlite

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I snagged this guy off of Ebay and just got him in the mail today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_949

Honestly I'd never seen one like it before. I had no idea that Starlite dolls were ever sold at Hot Topic. I compared him to the 8" Starlite that came in the Gen 3 RB/Twink/Starlite set and he seems to be identical - so it's only the packaging that's different. Still cool though. Had any of you seen him before?
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Watercolor
Admin

Post by Watercolor »

Yep, they sold at Hot Topic in Winter of 2003 for about $13! It's soo cute and tiny. (only 8" compared to the large dolls) does yours have that long orange "Rainbow Brite" tag off the back leg?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Lucky you!

I had him on my watch list but the price got to be more than I'm willing to pay for anything from Gen 3. I kinda thought he would be the same as the one in the Gift Set.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh no, now I feel terrible about taking them off of their boxes- there was HT exclusive Starlite, RBB, Patty, Red, and a bunch of small sprites...

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:Oh no, now I feel terrible about taking them off of their boxes- there was HT exclusive Starlite, RBB, Patty, Red, and a bunch of small sprites...
There was a HT Red Butler?? I have the RBB, Patty, and most of the Sprites. I also have a Puppy Brite that I got there, although I think the packaging was the same as the ones from Toys 'R Us. But I never saw a Red Butler from HT!
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

jazzycreations

Post by jazzycreations »

I had someone send one to me, I thought it was the larger one, so I ended up keeping it and replacing it with a larger one for the custom. My daughter loves the smaller version. Perfect for the 10'' dolls!

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I think there was a Canary too-

They were released in the single cardboard cartons- later ToysRus and Target sold the same dolls re-packaged with the glowing sprites

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAINBOW-BRITE-RED-R ... 2eb5487abb
The sprites were like this guy-

there are a bunch on ebay now- (they were expensive at HT like $7.99- but I picked them up when then went clearance, hehe) so this isn't really a bad deal

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt wrote:I think there was a Canary too
But you don't own either the Red or Canary MIB? I've got the RB and Patty that were later repackaged with sprites, but have never seen Red or Canary packaged that way, so I'm not so sure.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Galacticatt

Post by Galacticatt »

I'll have to check when I visit my folks (I left that series behind when I moved to WA) - I am sure that the packaging does not say Hot Topic Exclusive - they were just packaged as open-box singles