Italian Story Cassette Tape

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I recently acquired this cassette tape:

http://www.rainbowbrite.net/collect/aud ... olori.html

I'd gotten the story pamphlet awhile back and finally remembered to scan the front and back of it...lol:

http://www.rainbowbrite.net/collect/boo ... olori.html

Do any of you know if items like these came with the dolls in Italy or were they sold/distributed separately? I'll try to record the audio soon and make it available to you guys.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

The dolls in Italy came in the standard European four language packaging (English-French-German-Italian) of the era as opposed to being in unique packaging (Spain and a few French items). I really don't think they came with any of the Mattel Items as for the most part they would have been sold all over Europe and one or more would have surfaced on the collectors' market between now and then.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Thanks for the response! I think you're right. Perhaps Mattel used them more as advertisements for the dolls. The text on the bottom of the pamphlet's front cover is "SEGUI QUI LA MERAVIGLIOSA STORIA CHE HAI TROVATO SULLA CASSETTA DELLA SETTIMANA SCORSA!" Depending on the capitalization, it translates to either:

"HERE FOLLOW THE WONDERFUL STORY THAT YOU FOUND ON THE BOX OF LAST WEEK!"

or

"here is the wonderful story that you found on the tape of last week!"

If the second is accurate, it sounds like the tape was released first and then the pamphlet. The other side of the tape is a story of "Big Jim" - has nothing to do with RB.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net