SMALL RB STAR SHOE DOLL QUESTIONS

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

For those of you that have the small Gen 1 RB Star Shoe doll, here are a couple of questions...

Where was she made? If the doll is still MIB, it's mentioned on the outside of the box. If the doll is loose, it's written on the tag and also stamped into the back of her neck.

Does she also have red panties? You can't remove them if she has them.

Is her body blue or turquoise?

And if you have one of the dolls with red panties, large or small, the same again...

Where was she made?

Does she also have star shoes?

I have an idea about this. I think all of the red panty dolls came from the same factory in Taiwan. I'm trying to figure out the origin of the star shoe dolls that have plain blue or turquoise bodies.

Thank you.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

I think I have the first one you're talking about. She has a star on her shoes, her body is blue, her tag says Made in China, and she has no panties. *gasp* Hahahaha. I have the Patty with stars on her shoes as well, but she has panties and her tag says Made in Taiwan. Does any of that help?

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

stormberryfairy wrote:I think I have the first one you're talking about. She has a star on her shoes, her body is blue, her tag says Made in China, and she has no panties. *gasp* Hahahaha. I have the Patty with stars on her shoes as well, but she has panties and her tag says Made in Taiwan. Does any of that help?
Yes, the part about having a small RB doll with star shoes and a solid blue body is very interesting. Even more interesting is that she came from China.

Thank you for the info!!!
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

A lot of information I've ever looked at is located here: (it's in Italian, but you can use an online translator if you prefer English.) http://www.nijirain.com/Lady-ToysIRIDELLA.htm
Some of the images are broken, I've emailed the site to ask for original images, but no reply.

It states that the "Red Pants" version of the doll came with the "Rainbow Brite and Twink with Pillow Wall hanger gift set". If you have this gift set it should let you know where the doll came from.
Hope this helps!
Have a Rainbow Day!

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Thanks for the response, but that gift set is not the only source of these dolls. I have a small MIB red undie doll in a normal box and she has a lighter blue body than normal and star shoes. I also have a large MIB RB doll that's wearing the same 'outfit'.

I've got that gift set MIB and you can't see what she's wearing under her dress because it's covered by the bed. What I'll try to do this evening and see where that doll was made and report it back here. I'm thinking that all of the 'red' dolls were made in Taiwan.

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:
stormberryfairy wrote:I think I have the first one you're talking about. She has a star on her shoes, her body is blue, her tag says Made in China, and she has no panties. *gasp* Hahahaha. I have the Patty with stars on her shoes as well, but she has panties and her tag says Made in Taiwan. Does any of that help?
Yes, the part about having a small RB doll with star shoes and a solid blue body is very interesting. Even more interesting is that she came from China.

Thank you for the info!!!
No prob! :bg:

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:A lot of information I've ever looked at is located here: (it's in Italian, but you can use an online translator if you prefer English.) http://www.nijirain.com/Lady-ToysIRIDELLA.htm
Some of the images are broken, I've emailed the site to ask for original images, but no reply.

It states that the "Red Pants" version of the doll came with the "Rainbow Brite and Twink with Pillow Wall hanger gift set". If you have this gift set it should let you know where the doll came from.
Hope this helps!
Have a Rainbow Day!

I looked at it today and both the doll and bed came from Taiwan. The doll in my set has a dark blue body which normally means the entire body is that color. The dolls with red panties have lighter blue upper bodies and there's enough of a difference to be noticeable. The dark blue dolls come from both Taiwan and China, as do the turquoise dolls. So far I've never found a red bottom doll from other than Taiwan.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Rainbow Brite UK wrote:A lot of information I've ever looked at is located here: (it's in Italian, but you can use an online translator if you prefer English.) http://www.nijirain.com/Lady-ToysIRIDELLA.htm

Hope this helps!
Have a Rainbow Day!

I found two interesting things on that site. The first I'd seen before and it's the five language version of Tickled Pink. This was a Europe-only release. The other was a total surprise. It was Canary Yellow in a European Gen 1B box! That's the same box that La La, Buddy and Shy were released in. I'll have to start paying attention to boxed Canary dolls in the future.