Lurky PVC

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Lurky PVC

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I've got this guy labeled as being from the UK, but in my head I thought he was a German minikin. Do any of you have him and could tell me if he's bendy or not? Or better yet, if you have him in his original packaging...lol
Attachments
uklurkypvc.jpg
uklurkypvc.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Lurky PVC

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

The original packaging for the Mattel 3D PVC Erasers shows all five of the ones that were released. They were Rainbow, Canary, Buddy, Twink and Romeo. He wasn't on the list. I only have Buddy MOC. I do have five of the six Poseables MOC and they were marked the same way, with each one showing every figure in the series and the catalog number for each one. I'm also pretty sure that what you showed us is not from Schliech, a German company that also made a line of same sized figurines.

What, if anything, is printed on the bottom of his feet?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Lurky PVC

Post by Rainbow Brite »

I don't actually own him. This is a picture I got off Ebay a long time ago. But if he's not pictured on the UK erasers, then I would assume he's German.
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

silverorangetears

Lurky PVC

Post by silverorangetears »

if it helps at all, and i'm sure it doesn't...
he LOOKS german.. :D

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Lurky PVC

If it's a Mattel item, it's not in the 1986 and 1987 German Mattel catalogs. If it were a Schliech figure, I'd expect that it would turn up on German ebay on a regular basis like the others do.

Doesn't RB UK say he's from Australia?
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

Rainbow Brite UK

Lurky PVC

Post by Rainbow Brite UK »

I can't remember seeing this Lurky, but I have seen one very similar to him.

The 2004/2005 Toy Play figures promoted a "Villain" set, which was NOT released in which the Lurky looked nearly identical to that one.

Here are some pictures of that one for you to compare:

The first is from a promo slip that can be found inside the Color Castle play set. from 2004/2005.

The second is a black and white scan from an ad you can find in the back of the 2004/2005 coloring books.

It is possible the based the 2004/2005 line on existing products and molds.

I have noticed something else about the figures. The one you have pictured has open legs and the paint is sort of faded, so it possible it was a pencil eraser top, or finger tops from Italy.

Hope this helps you in your search. :)
Attachments
lurkysample2.jpg
lurkysample2.jpg (19.04 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
lurkysample1.jpg
lurkysample1.jpg (188.54 KiB) Viewed 1213 times

Galacticatt

Lurky PVC

Post by Galacticatt »

Oh I have that guy!

I think he goes to the UK set. He is bendy like them. I have the rest of the UK set MOC though and he is not pictured- but his material is exactly like that...

I actually bought mine from the Aussie Ebay so who knows? If you ever solve the mystery, let me know.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Lurky PVC

Hmmm......

If he's part of the 2700 series European release, he must have been added to the line after the original release date. I've got one of the figurines from that group MOC. It shows the entire line of five (RB, Canary, Buddy, Twink and Romeo) and Lurky isn't one of them. Also, that line was shown in the 1986 German catalog and Lurky isn't shown there, either. On the other hand this was the only line of figurines that had five rather than the six that came in the other lines and I've always wondered about that.

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Lurky PVC

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Galacticatt - does it say where he was made on the bottom of his feet? All of my UK eraser figures say Hong Kong, my American PVC's say China and the German ones say W. Germany. Perhaps that would give us a clue. I'm glad somebody has one! :D
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net

Rainbow Brite
Admin

Lurky PVC

Post by Rainbow Brite »

Sarah emailed me back and said his foot says Hong Kong and the markings are the same as the other UK erasers, so he must fit in that group. Another mystery solved :)
~Katy Cartee Haile~
RainbowBrite.net