Good finds at a household sale

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Well, my parent stopped by a household sale last week. They know I like to collect RB stuff and sell 80's toys. This is what they found:

2 Baby Brites

1 Puppy Brite

1 18" Patty O' Green

1 18" Rainbow Brite

1 10" Lala (missing hat)

1 10" Shy Violet

1 10" Rainbow Brite

1 Girl Sprite (Lt purple)

1 Hat sprite champ

1 Rainbow Brite cottage carrier

Other 80' stuff like Popples and Carebears and some 2000+ something SS dolls.

The last Rainbow Brite thing that they bought was Tickled Pink, outfit and all! (I only have to redo her hair.) I'm not kidding! What would she be doing in a household sale??? guess what they got her for? lol

My parents talked to the woman who was running the sale and said her daughter had them for 26 years. I kinda forgot the history of Tickled Pink and where she was released. Probably vacationed in 1980's and got her from Europe or w/e she is from?

This was definitely a haul!

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:

Also found the 2" OJ handsprite for Lala. Good thing I checked again before I threw the box away!
Last edited by Aquarius on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone has an opinion and some of them may be different than yours. BUT that doesn’t make them wrong only different.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

WOW, Aquarius!!!

That really was a big haul! :bg:

Did they need a U-Haul (company that rents trailers and vans, well known in the USA) to deliver it to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!

stormberryfairy

Post by stormberryfairy »

Wow that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Clinozoisite

Post by Clinozoisite »

Wow - that is an awesome find! I haven't seen Rainbow Brite items at yard/garage sales in years - not since I was little! Tell your parents that they are awesome for buying you all that Rainbow Brite stuff. Any idea how much they paid? I'm sure it was cheap. :lol:

daredevgirl

Post by daredevgirl »

My mom got me a dress up rainbow brite at a yard sale a few years ago, and she was complete, hair accessory, boots, everything, I about died! I was so thrilled! Sometimes yard sales are amazing. Another time I found a Rainbow Brite phone, and got it, had to pay a little bit more then what I wanted but oh well, it was the only one I had seen and it was right in front of me lol!

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel wrote:.
WOW, Aquarius!!!

That really was a big haul! :bg:

Did they need a U-Haul (company that rents trailers and vans, well known in the USA) to deliver it to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha! They all came in a pretty big box,I was excited to rip it open :)
Clinozoisite wrote:Wow - that is an awesome find! I haven't seen Rainbow Brite items at yard/garage sales in years - not since I was little! Tell your parents that they are awesome for buying you all that Rainbow Brite stuff. Any idea how much they paid? I'm sure it was cheap. :lol:
I know! RB stuff is getting harder to find (except eBay) seems that even 80's stuff is easier to find than 2003+ stuff. Anyways, they live in Western NY-Randolph/Jamestown area. Doesn't seem to be a lot of serious 80's toy collectors in those areas. My parents said that they paid less than $20 for everything.

There they have huge block sales and usually we get lucky a lot. We visited there a few weeks ago and I found a RB flat sheet, a couple Carebear cousins, a pound purry, and 2 Charmkins. The year before I found a Strawberry Shortcake picnic basket music box and another Puppy Brite.

Also, been getting lucky here and there at flea markets. One had a RB book, Starlite figure (80's), and a 10" RB doll. Another, one woman has a gigantic pile of all sorts of toys. Carebears, Popples, TMNT, GI Joe-anything, you name it. I bought a Hammy hat Sprite and she has more RB stuff at her home, but she's been kind of slow getting them there. (She's an older lady) It was there that I found a Rare MLP "Mimic" for only $2.00. (Since then, her prices have been a little higher.) Hopefully she can get stuff in there so I can look through it. Hope she has Rarer stuff :P

:rb: :rbtwink: :rbstarlite:
Everyone has an opinion and some of them may be different than yours. BUT that doesn’t make them wrong only different.

Blondine Arc-En-Ciel

Post by Blondine Arc-En-Ciel »

Good luck in finding the other stuff from that woman. It would really be amazing if she had some rare stuff for you.
Blondine et moi!!!//Rainbow Brite and me!!!//Azurine et moi!!!//Regina Regenbogen und ich!!!